publications

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

stoleyerscrubz

Registered User and Stuff
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm wondering how do I go about finding out how often papers are being published by various university labs or industry labs in NYC. I'm considering doing volunteer work in hopes of getting involved with an active team.

Hopefully this will help me land a research assistant position upon completion of my biochem B.A. degree in the spring '06. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

stoleyerscrubz said:
I'm wondering how do I go about finding out how often papers are being published by various university labs or industry labs in NYC. I'm considering doing volunteer work in hopes of getting involved with an active team.

Hopefully this will help me land a research assistant position upon completion of my biochem B.A. degree in the spring '06. Thanks.

Hmm. Well, there is always going to their assorted webpages and looking at the CV's of the bigshots in the various labs. Or, if you know what kind of work youre interested in (say, cytoarchitecture of the amygdala), you can always google/pubmed that phrase in and go from there... best of luck.

scooter31 said:
Hmm. Well, there is always going to their assorted webpages and looking at the CV's of the bigshots in the various labs. Or, if you know what kind of work youre interested in (say, cytoarchitecture of the amygdala), you can always google/pubmed that phrase in and go from there... best of luck.

Tracking individual labs and CVs would be helpful. Also if you use the "Ovid" version of medline, you can actually add keywords for places like New York, etc, then combine search results. This is how some of us find people even in Pittsburgh!
I haven't done this in Pubmed, but it probably should work there too.

Good luck!