Publications

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jewel2

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do you just ask your preceptor for help to find out if there is an opportunity for research that will get your name published?
Does the chance come to only those people who's lucky to be on hospital or industrial rotation that focuses on research?

Can you tell me your experience about how you started off doing/helping them with research work?
Thanks! :)

Members don't see this ad.

I gained a publishing opportunity through networking during P3 year. At my hospital co-op/IPPE, I expressed a strong interest in psychiatric pharmacy and the pharmacists I worked with encouraged me to contact a psych pharmacist within the hospital network. We grabbed coffee, and I showed I was very passionate about the field and wanted tips for how to prepare for residency/build my CV and she offered me an opportunity to help write a literature review. I think just showing passion and motivation will get you farther than you think!
Additional writing and publishing experience was gained through rotations. One was a monograph for a drug information rotation and another was a research rotation. However, I'm sure you can jump on other research opportunities at non-research rotations as well by simply asking :)