Puerto Rico Optometry School

Started by Autumn-04
This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Autumn-04

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just want to know about Puerto Rico Optometry School. Is is acredited? Will it hinder a person from getting jobs in the US? Is the National Exam offered for Puerto Rico too? Do they require a secondary language, ie Spanish? I am depressed that I did poorly on my OAT(280) 👎 😡 🙁 and I am to maintain ^320 this February. Yet, I really do not want to re-do the whole entire application process if I get rejected this year. Therefore, I just want to know if Puerto Rico is a good and acredited school if all my other options are denied. Does anyone know anyone or has friends who is currently attending Puerto Rico? I really would appreciate it!
 
Autumn-04 said:
I just want to know about Puerto Rico Optometry School. Is is acredited? Will it hinder a person from getting jobs in the US? Is the National Exam offered for Puerto Rico too? Do they require a secondary language, ie Spanish? I am depressed that I did poorly on my OAT(280) 👎 😡 🙁 and I am to maintain ^320 this February. Yet, I really do not want to re-do the whole entire application process if I get rejected this year. Therefore, I just want to know if Puerto Rico is a good and acredited school if all my other options are denied. Does anyone know anyone or has friends who is currently attending Puerto Rico? I really would appreciate it!

My overall GPA is 3.55
OAT 280 (taken once)
Completed 80 semester hours but not planning to complete B.S.