Puerto Rico?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

exigente chica

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone know about the med schools in Puerto Rico?

Thanx.

Members don't see this ad.

I go to Ponce SOM in Puerto Rico. What kind of information are you looking for?

exigente chica said:
Anyone know about the med schools in Puerto Rico?

Thanx.

stay away. poor reputations.

Members don't see this ad :)
bad reputations? why? because they are the only 3 schools were english is not the official language of education? Like any other school in the continental USA if you study hard, get pretty good step scores you should be able to match in a very good program in any residency. Sure we have the top 25 LCME med schools were students match in top programs easier than the avg med student, but after those 25 or 35 so schools the rest are good, some better than others, if not they wouldnt be accredited!.
And yes, student have matched in dermatology in the past attending Ponce. Yes, there have been problem in the past about residency programs putting Ponce as a Foreign school, but that has to do more with politics than with the school itself.
but would like to hear your point of view.

Sadly, for some people, any school that is located in an island, whose first language is not english, is a bad school and has a poor reputation. :rolleyes:

That's something you'll have to learn to deal with if you decide to come to the island.

I applied to schools in my island a couple of years ago, so if you need any info, dont hesitate to contact me, though if you make a search on the pre-allo forum with the word Puerto Rico, you'll get some of the info that you need.

Good luck! :)

doc05 said:
stay away. poor reputations.
Oh Well. Ignorant people always mess up. For your information students from Ponce School of Medicine match every year at the best residencies in the US. You can email me if you want the complete match list for the past 4 years so the next time you can answer with real facts, not just ignorant comments you've believed your whole pathetic life. Every year students match at the most competitive residencies such as Radio, Ortho, Ophth, Derm...... want me to continue the list?

See, exigente chica?

That's the way to "deal with" the people who say such bad things about Puerto Rico's medical schools.

With facts!!!!! :clap:

Bravo, mig26x and vanelo!!!

still waiting for a response from doc5!!