Purdue 2026-2027 (c/o 2031 hopefuls)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

West Lafayette, IN Purdue University College of Veterinary Medicine Average GPAGPA 3.68 Average GREGRE 309 IS tuitionIS $19,428 OOS tuitionOOS $44,256 Application feeFee $50 PURDUE-VET Details Interview Feedback

supershorty

Don't look so vexed, toots.
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Purdue University College of Veterinary Medicine - Class of 2031 (2026-2027 Application Cycle)

Thread Purpose: This is the official discussion thread for applicants to Purdue University College of Veterinary Medicine applying during the 2026-2027 admissions cycle (matriculating Class of 2031). Share interview invites, acceptances, waitlist updates, questions, and connect with fellow applicants.

Who Should Use This Thread:
  • Applicants to Purdue for Fall 2027 matriculation
  • Current applicants seeking information about the admissions process
  • Current Purdue students or grads sharing their experiences and answering questions

Key Application Information:

🔗 Helpful Resources:

How to Use This Thread:
  • Post interview invites with date/time to help others track timeline
  • Share acceptance/waitlist/rejection updates
  • Ask questions!
  • Connect with fellow applicants

Thread Guidelines:
  • Be respectful and supportive
  • Verify all information with official school sources
  • Use search function before asking repeat questions
  • Celebrate acceptances, support those still waiting
Good luck to all applying!
 
Has anyone been able to get a response when emailing Purdue admissions? I have a critical question that will determine whether or not I apply here (I have prerequisites more than 10 years old), but I haven't been able to get a response (and their autoreply said sending multiple emails will delay a response).
 
Last edited:
Has anyone been able to get a response when emailing Purdue admissions? I have a critical question that will determine whether or not I apply here (I have prerequisites more than 10 years old), but I haven't been able to get a response (and their autoreply said sending multiple emails will delay a response).
This might not fully answer your question, but they discuss prereq expiration dates in their FAQs. Frequently Asked Questions | Doctor of Veterinary Medicine Program
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This might not fully answer your question, but they discuss prereq expiration dates in their FAQs. Frequently Asked Questions | Doctor of Veterinary Medicine Program
This is why I need a response: “Prerequisite science and math courses ten years or older will not be accepted. These courses need to be repeated or courses of a higher level may be substituted. All courses taken will be used in the cumulative GPA. The repeated or substituted courses will be used in the prerequisite core GPA. If you wish to appeal this policy, a written appeal should be sent to [email protected] and will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.”
 
Yes they do grant exceptions based on circumstances. Email Lori Stout
 
Last edited: