Purdue applicants/students

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gapeach427

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi---
Any Purdue applicants or PharmD students from Indianapolis? Will you or do you commute from Indianapolis, or do you live or plan to live near the school? I live in Indy, but didn't know how it would be commuting back-and-forth, etc (driving time, studying, etc).

Members don't see this ad.

i'm going to Purdue this fall as a P1 too, but I'm not from Indy so I can't really help you. I would personally rather live near the school if I were you--the drive from Indy isn't that far, but it's far enough that it might get a little annoying to do every day--plus gas is so expensive now. I think you'd get more involved in the school & meet more people if you lived in west lafayette with all of us..just my opinion though..
i noticed your name on here--are you from GA? cos i live in atlanta..just wondering since I know most people at Purdue will be from IN

i'm going to Purdue this fall as a P1 too, but I'm not from Indy so I can't really help you. I would personally rather live near the school if I were you--the drive from Indy isn't that far, but it's far enough that it might get a little annoying to do every day--plus gas is so expensive now. I think you'd get more involved in the school & meet more people if you lived in west lafayette with all of us..just my opinion though..
i noticed your name on here--are you from GA? cos i live in atlanta..just wondering since I know most people at Purdue will be from IN

Hi! I actually live in Indiana; however, I moved from Georgia (Savannah) a few years ago. I'm in the process of applying for 2008 and wasn't sure if I should include Purdue or not.

Members don't see this ad :)
since you live in Indiana, I would DEFINETLY apply to Purdue. It's one of the top schools in the country and you would be getting in-state tuition (which makes me jealous lol).

If you do decide to apply, if you have any other questions about Purdue's Pharm School, I can try to answer them for you since I'll be starting there this fall. Their website is extremely helpful though, so most of the questions I had I found the answers to on there. Feel free to PM me on here or IM at shrubh.

since you live in Indiana, I would DEFINETLY apply to Purdue. It's one of the top schools in the country and you would be getting in-state tuition (which makes me jealous lol).

If you do decide to apply, if you have any other questions about Purdue's Pharm School, I can try to answer them for you since I'll be starting there this fall. Their website is extremely helpful though, so most of the questions I had I found the answers to on there. Feel free to PM me on here or IM at shrubh.

Thanks so much! :)