Purdue College of Pharmacy c/o 2020 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kam22

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I haven't seen a thread for this application cycle, so I'll start one. Ask your questions here!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I'll start. Does anyone think the way they communicate with applicants is a little old fashioned..? Every pharmacy school I've applied to communicates through email/online application portal.

Also, I have an interview scheduled Monday, Feb. 22! Anyone else?

A friend of mine who is in pre-pharm at Purdue just got her interview invite for Feb. 29.

kam22 - are you a current student at Purdue?

Members don't see this ad :)
I actually just changed my interview date to the 29th as well.
No I am not a Purdue student, I am out of state actually. Are you?

I actually just changed my interview date to the 29th as well.
No I am not a Purdue student, I am out of state actually. Are you?

No, I'm not. I'm not going into Pharmacy. Just found this searching for Purdue and I was just curious if many non-Purdue students applied for Purdue's Pharmacy school.

Do they communicate through mail? Oh no, I have mailing address as my permanent address. My parents just went on a trip...........

I think for out of state applicants, they emailed us about interview dates and what preferences we had. I received everything else by mail.

Hello! I have my Purdue Interview February 26th! I'm excited!

Anyone who had an interview, how did it go?

I think it went really well! It was really laid back and I loved my interviewers, they were so nice! I loved the whole experience :)

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone heard back from Purdue? During my interview, they told me the AdCom would meet before springbreak! Meaning, letters should be coming soon :yawn:

Members don't see this ad :)
I heard back today! I've been accepted ☺☺☺☺! I'm so happy and excited!

Congratulations!!!!:) do you mind sharing your stat? Also was it a big envelope or a small one? am so nervous, this waiting is killing me lol

Thank you! It was a normal sized envelope actually!
I'm an Indiana resident from a different university. My GPA is 3.84. I'm 2 year pre-pharm. I didn't take the PCAT. I am the treasurer of a volunteer service organization and have a ton of volunteer stuff at hospitals, along with participating in many other clubs . I'm also a grader and study table leader and a tutor. I job shadowed at a lot of places and attended a lot of pharmacy seminars too! I hope you hear back soon so you don't have to wait anymore! The waiting is killer!

To everyone that has gotten accepted, congrats! Do you mind sharing your GPAs? I heard that Purdue does grade replacement

Congratulations to everyone! Accepted also! Very rewarding to hear as an out of state student! Makes you think all the hard work paid off :)

To everyone that has gotten accepted, congrats! Do you mind sharing your GPAs? I heard that Purdue does grade replacement
3.5 Undergrad, but that didn't include microbio which I took over the summer recently so prob more like 3.6 (got an A and it was 5 units). 3.8 MPH GPA. Work experience 2 years as a research coordinator, 250+ volunteer hours before, and lots of leadership in college/grad school/post grad

Congratulations Kam22 and FuturePharmDMPH! I'm so glad you guys made it in too :)! Hard work pays off :3

I am out of state, 3.3 GPA, graduating with a BS in biochemistry this May. I have taken the PCAT, but I do not think Purdue looked at it though.
I have over 100 hospital volunteer hours, had 1-2 student jobs throughout college, 25hrs of research/week for ~2 years, have taken elective pharmacy courses and lots seminars, a corporate quality-management/microbio internship, lots of volunteering, committee positions, and leadership in student orgs.

Are any of you for sure going to Purdue? If so, I'll see you in the fall :cat:!

Ohhh I see! Congratulations :)! That will be awesome. Thank you! I wish you good luck at UCSF!

I am curious to see if my stats are competitive enough for acceptance. What are the stats of those of you who were accepted?

Hello everyone,
I am an applicant for Fall 2018. How long did it take for you guys to get an interview and then hear back?