Purdue for Pre-Pharm

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

GeologyPharmD

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have my application in for pre-pharm studies right now, just waiting on a reply. I hold a B.S. Geology already, so they didn't seem to think I would be denied, even being OOS. :xf:

I guess I am just curious how people like it? Are you able to be involved in clubs and activities, or is there no time for such things? I would really like to do something with the Crew team if I can, volunteering, etc. Are the professors invested in the pre-pharm's education? Anything you like or dislike about it would be great.

I think my curiosity is fueled by excitement about a new life far away from where I have spent my previous 30 years. I'm moving back that way to be close to my family.

Thanks in advance!
 
I have my application in for pre-pharm studies right now, just waiting on a reply. I hold a B.S. Geology already, so they didn't seem to think I would be denied, even being OOS. :xf:

I guess I am just curious how people like it? Are you able to be involved in clubs and activities, or is there no time for such things? I would really like to do something with the Crew team if I can, volunteering, etc. Are the professors invested in the pre-pharm's education? Anything you like or dislike about it would be great.

I think my curiosity is fueled by excitement about a new life far away from where I have spent my previous 30 years. I'm moving back that way to be close to my family.

Thanks in advance!
Can you get residency? They're quite pricey out of state, I believe.

I don't know much about the program, but I have met one student who did pre-pharm there. He seemed to like the program...
 
Can you get residency? They're quite pricey out of state, I believe.

I don't know much about the program, but I have met one student who did pre-pharm there. He seemed to like the program...

From what I understand, due to my circumstances, I should be able to obtain IST once admitted. Yes, it is quite costly.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If you get accepted, that would be a watershed moment in my experience, because "pre-pharm studies" always excludes folks like us with more than ~30-60 unit hours in college (the so-called 0-6 programs).

I'm pullin' for you, good luck!
 
If you get accepted, that would be a watershed moment in my experience, because "pre-pharm studies" always excludes folks like us with more than ~30-60 unit hours in college (the so-called 0-6 programs).

I'm pullin' for you, good luck!

I got an interview offer from a 0-6 program with lots of prior schooling under my belt...I don't know if I would have been accepted because I declined it, though I had heard of people with previous degrees getting in to the professional phase of the program.
 
Just to clarify, I wont be a 0-6 student, just regular pre-pharm. Thanks, I have all my fingers crossed right now too 🙂 Actually, I don't think Purdue does the 0-6 programs, but I could be wrong.