-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Purdue Interview
Started by soph6789
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
i thought purdue is a good school, how come few people talk about it here?
Because you called the thread "Purdue Interview"?
Anyway, the interview was pretty relaxed. I'm trying to think of what else I could say but I really can't remember! And it hasn't even been a year since then. 😱
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
March 1st
Anyone goes on next Monday(25)?
I am little surprised that Purdue forum is not popular here compared to others....
I am also going on the 25th. It is pretty hard to find much info on Purdue College of Pharmacy on SDN.
Does anyone know what the interview day looks like? I think I have the panel, written and oral test followed by interview. I am guessing that we will have lunch there but no idea what happens after that. I am returning back the same day.
I am also going on the 25th. It is pretty hard to find much info on Purdue College of Pharmacy on SDN.
Does anyone know what the interview day looks like? I think I have the panel, written and oral test followed by interview. I am guessing that we will have lunch there but no idea what happens after that. I am returning back the same day.
What time is your interview? Mine is @1pm. 🙂
What time is your interview? Mine is @1pm. 🙂
at 11:15am.
are you pre-pharm or pre-med? My advice to you is have as much experience as you can in pharmacy, probably volunteer at a hospital pharmacy before you apply. If you can do some research as well.
My stats:
GPA: 3.78
PCAT: not taken
Research: close to 9 month full time experience two different institutes
Pharmacy experience: more than 100 hours and still volunteering, shadowed pharmacists and doctors
Leadership: decent amount of experience though not as much as I wanted to
I do work at retail pharmacy in the cosmetic floor but not at the pharmacy end. But I get to observe what they do in retail as well. Having a pharmacy name on your resume may help even if you don't get to work with the pharmacists.
I have three words for you!
Recommendations, recommendations, and recommendations! Having good recommenders can do you wonders. Make sure your professors/supervisors/bosses know you very well before you ask them to write one for you. If you are volunteering at a pharmacy, make sure you are professional in the way you dress, speak to the pharmacists or the patients. Show them how serious you are about pharmacy.
Don't be discouraged by your stats for applying to the schools you want to. As long as you have everything expected of you, do apply.
I am not accepted yet, but if I do then I must be doing everything right. I will be glad to give you some tips once I hear my status.
My stats:
GPA: 3.78
PCAT: not taken
Research: close to 9 month full time experience two different institutes
Pharmacy experience: more than 100 hours and still volunteering, shadowed pharmacists and doctors
Leadership: decent amount of experience though not as much as I wanted to
I do work at retail pharmacy in the cosmetic floor but not at the pharmacy end. But I get to observe what they do in retail as well. Having a pharmacy name on your resume may help even if you don't get to work with the pharmacists.
I have three words for you!
Recommendations, recommendations, and recommendations! Having good recommenders can do you wonders. Make sure your professors/supervisors/bosses know you very well before you ask them to write one for you. If you are volunteering at a pharmacy, make sure you are professional in the way you dress, speak to the pharmacists or the patients. Show them how serious you are about pharmacy.
Don't be discouraged by your stats for applying to the schools you want to. As long as you have everything expected of you, do apply.
I am not accepted yet, but if I do then I must be doing everything right. I will be glad to give you some tips once I hear my status.
Purdue no longer accepts the PCAT but they typically say to have at least a 3.3 GPA to make yourself competitive in that category. The big thing for Purdue is their supplemental application. The main sections are pharmacy exploration ( explore as many unique fields as you can - hospital / retail / independent / research etc for at least 6 hours) , leadership ( they ask you to provide up to 4 experiences) , community service ( same as leadership, but what is important here is that you are doing continual service and not just going once and writing that down.- Big Brothers Big Sisters is an excellent example - weekly obligation), work experience ( can be anything - they just want to see if you are dependable / trusted / basics things that come with holding a job).
If you can meet these areas you will be in an excellent position to succeed for every school, not just Purdue.
Good luck
If you can meet these areas you will be in an excellent position to succeed for every school, not just Purdue.
Good luck
By the way, how did everyone's interviews go yesterday ?
By the way, how did everyone's interviews go yesterday ?
It went well. At least I hope so. One thing you need to know is that they are pretty serious about recruiting students that fit for the the program, as you are also looking into programs that fit you best. It is a closed interview so the interviewers didn't see my application at all. So no pre-judgement at all.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know how many international student get accept to Purdue each year? Thanks
Does anyone know how many international student get accept to Purdue each year? Thanks
2011
http://www.pharmacy.purdue.edu/advancement/publications/annual_reports/2011/admissions.php
2012
http://www.pharmacy.purdue.edu/advancement/publications/annual_reports/2012/admissions.php
I guess most of you have done interview. How did you guys feel about that? My interview day will be in next week (the last interview day) and I still have one more Biochem midterm to go today,
!
!Hi guys! Does anyone else know when the letters are going to be sent out? 🙂
They said it would be in last March or so...
Hey guys, does anyone know whether the letter is gonna be sent out by email or mail? Anyone hear back yet?
I was told the committee met last Thursday so if I had to guess I would say either next week or the week after. I'm pretty sure they mail out acceptance packets only, no emails. Hopefully everyone receives positive news!
I was told the committee met last Thursday so if I had to guess I would say either next week or the week after. I'm pretty sure they mail out acceptance packets only, no emails. Hopefully everyone receives positive news!
Thanks for your information 🙂. I feel like the waiting time is gonna kill me...
Yeah, I guess ...
Mailman delivered great news today....Accepted!!!!
Mailman delivered great news today....Accepted!!!!
OMG. Congrats. That was fast considering that it was through mail. They probably sent it out last week then. Are you out of state? I thought they email everyone.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
OMG. Congrats. That was fast considering that it was through mail. They probably sent it out last week then. Are you out of state? I thought they email everyone.
It was very fast, my letter was dated on March 22nd so it got here in no time, but I am in state so that's probably why. I'm pretty sure they only sent out notifications through the mail. Good luck and fingers crossed for good news for everyone!
WOOOOOT ACCEPTED! Purdue here I come 🙂
congrats. I hope to hear some positive results in the next two days, too. When was your interview? Are you out of state or in state
The Facebook group has been created:
Purdue University College of Pharmacy Class of 2017
Please join and tell others!
Purdue University College of Pharmacy Class of 2017
Please join and tell others!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 4K
- Replies
- 2
- Views
- 2K
