Purdue or USN?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ICS_N_RX

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all!

Just wondering if anyone will be going to or currently attending Purdue? I've received acceptance to USN and Purdue, but don't know which route to take. Both seems to be very good school. Purdue has the prestige and a mature curriculum, but the area is very different from California (not sure if my wife can find a job there or handle the boredom). USN has the block system/accelerated program and is close to California (my home state).

Please share your thoughts on the two schools (pro & con) or any suggestions/advices.

Thanks in advance for your inputs.

Members don't see this ad.

arbangchan said:
I know I can't be any help answering your questions, but I know that if you are an out of state pharmacist, you have to take a unique california's CJEX exam, which i heard its very hard.

Mind you, I'm not nitpicking here, but ANY applicant for pharmacist licensure, whether within or outside the state of California, must take and pass the CPJE (California Pharmacist Jurisprudence Examination), as well as the NAPLEX. Being a California graduate does not absolve you of your examination requirements for licensure. As for adequate preparation for the CPJE for instate vs. out-of-state applicants, that's another question, and I think that's what you really mean by it being more difficult for out-of-staters. ;)

Link to the CABOP licensure application: http://www.pharmacy.ca.gov/forms/rph_app_pkt2.pdf

Members don't see this ad :)
arbangchan said:
Hi. First of, congrats !
I know I can't be any help answering your questions, but I know that if you are an out of state pharmacist, you have to take a unique california's CJEX exam, which i heard its very hard.

I am applying for NSU this year, and was wondering if you could help me answer a few questions:

1. Did you complete all prereqs before applying?

2. What were the interview questions?

3. could you describe to me any experiences u had related to pharmacy?

4. what was your gpa? I have a 3.5 and I'm really nervous

5. when was ur interview and acceptance letter date?

You can reply to the thread or email me at arbangchan @ yahoo.com (prefered). Again, I would like to congratulate on your acceptance.
Thanks
Arnold bangchan

Hi Arnold,

First, I applied to USN (University of Nevada), not NSU so I'll include my interview experience at USN.

1. I've completed 90% of my prereq's when I applied.

2. Why pharmacy, what would you do if you won the lotto, relate about group work....etc.

3. I job shadowed at a pharmacy for 1 1/2 months, but had many prior interactions w/ pharmacists and doctors when a family member was ill.

4. I have a 3.6 overall/3.7 science GPA.

5. I had my interview in mid March and received an acceptance the next day.

Hope this help and good luck on your application!

Hello to the OP -
I can't speak for Purdue but my experience with USN as an applicant was very positive. Great students, admin., and faculty.
-skp