Purdue Pre-Req

Started by stephano
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

stephano

Stephano
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone, I thought I would come out and say hi! and share something I've found out over the weekend. So I've been doing lot of eyeing here but never actually posted anything :\. And you guys are awesome at anything I had questions about until now. haha anyhow, I just got an email from Purdue saying that I got the interview with them on 21st!!!!! 😀 Congratulations to those who got the letter as well!
So anyways... I've been reading over the pre-req lists on the Purdue website and came across this statement that said Biochemistry classes need to be "upper-division" course. Now, Virginia tech offers three levels of biochemistry courses. One at 2000, 3000 and 4000 level. However during the spring sem, only 2000 lev is offered. I contacted my advisor regarding this and he said in Virginia Tech, 2000 level is not considered "upper-level" course. However, I sent an email to Purdue Vet school, along with the course description, and they said 2000 level biochemistry will be sufficient in meeting the pre-req.
So for those of you who have similar questions as I had, hope this will help!

😀

Anyone that's signed up to 21st morning, hope to see you there!!!!!!!👍