Purdue University versus Valparaiso University

Started by Nicholle
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Nicholle

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am currently enrolled in a university. However, I'm thinking about transferring and I'm down to two schools.

I am wondering what school has a better science department: Valparaiso University or Purdue University. Which of these two schools would help better prepare me for entrance into medical school?

Thank you.
 
Whichever is cheaper. Admissions to med school is contingent on A) GPA B) MCAT C) Volunteering/ECs D) Interviews E) Personal statement. People can go from Podunk to HMS. I'd probably say Purdue if money is an issue.
 
Purdue has more name recognition and since it's public, should also be cheaper than Valparaiso.
 
Purdue, No Question. I'm from Indiana and can attest to Purdue being a far better school than Valpo. PM me if you have any questions.