Purdue vs. Va-Md Urgent Question

Started by Mike263
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Mike263

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am looking at Purdue and va-md and had a question about the 4th year program. I was wondering if there is a high small animal case load at these schools? Does anyone know which one may have more? I would like to get the most experience with small animals compared to large, and don't know which program is the best.

--Mike
 
Hi Mike

Here at VA-MD our teaching hospital has a caseload of about 40,000-50,000 animals per year, (somewhere around 100-130 per day depending on the time of year) the vast majority being small animal. We do have a very good large animal/equine program, being in an agricultural area, but from my time here I can say there is definitely a small animal "bias". I unfortunately can't say with Purdue, but that's what I know about mine. We are a busy bunch 😉
 
thank you very much for that information regarding VA-MD and for answering so quickly