Purdue...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

gapeach427

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone applying to Purdue...or anyone in their PharmD program? How competitive is it (I'm an Indiana resident)?
 
I am applying to Purdue! I'm out-of-state though so I don't know if my chances of getting accepted are very good
 
Hi, I'm a P1 in the professional program at Purdue so I just went through the admissions process last spring.

Dean Mason has a slide show on the school's website that outlines the admissions process. The address is:
http://www.pharmacy.purdue.edu/academics/pharmd/admissions.pdf

If you have any questions I'd be happy to answer them if I can. I am a HUGE fan of the school and the people in it, and I'm having a great time so far! 👍
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I don't know too much about it except that it has an average of around 3.5, doesnt require pcat, and isn't on rolling admissions. I think I read somewhere that if you're out of state, it's preferable that you have ATLEAST the average. Anyone know anything else?? Like location, classes, etc.?
 
Hi, I'm a P1 in the professional program at Purdue so I just went through the admissions process last spring.

Dean Mason has a slide show on the school's website that outlines the admissions process. The address is:
http://www.pharmacy.purdue.edu/academics/pharmd/admissions.pdf

If you have any questions I'd be happy to answer them if I can. I am a HUGE fan of the school and the people in it, and I'm having a great time so far! 👍

myroswar, Thanks a bunch! This was very helpful-- one question I have is about the interview- something about a video recorded oral communication exercise? What is that like? I've never heard of any interviews including that before. 🙁
 
myroswar, Thanks a bunch! This was very helpful-- one question I have is about the interview- something about a video recorded oral communication exercise? What is that like? I've never heard of any interviews including that before. 🙁

Hi there, glad I could help!

Don't worry, the oral exercise sounds much scarier than it really is!
You just go down to a room where there is a video camera and you read a writing passage for about a minute while the camera rolls. It's really a low stress experience.
 
Hi there, glad I could help!

Don't worry, the oral exercise sounds much scarier than it really is!
You just go down to a room where there is a video camera and you read a writing passage for about a minute while the camera rolls. It's really a low stress experience.

Thanks for the heads up! I know it's to assess your ability to communicate clearly, but it still seems kinda weird. :meanie:
 
I'm out-state as well... I heard it's pretty tough to get in as an out-state. Any tips on how to improve your chances?

GPA 3.59
Science GPA about the same
2 years as a tech, just certified.
Couple volunteerings in HS (4 years ago!)
Couple volunteerings while in college

no sports, no clubs
 
hey,
i was wondering if i can get some help from people who have been accepted to the purdue pharmd program.

i recently transfered to purdue from an out of state school as an undergraduate and am now in the pre pharm program. i REALLY REALLY want to get into the pharm D program, but dont want to waste my time if i stand no chance.


gpa-about 3.5
volunteering- approximatly 30 hrs this semester and over 100 in high school
shadowing opportunities- shadowed a couple times at both walgreens and arnett hospital.

any advice on what I can improve? or if I'm set?