Purdue...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gapeach427

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone applying to Purdue...or anyone in their PharmD program? How competitive is it (I'm an Indiana resident)?

Members don't see this ad.

I am applying to Purdue! I'm out-of-state though so I don't know if my chances of getting accepted are very good

Hi, I'm a P1 in the professional program at Purdue so I just went through the admissions process last spring.

Dean Mason has a slide show on the school's website that outlines the admissions process. The address is:
http://www.pharmacy.purdue.edu/academics/pharmd/admissions.pdf

If you have any questions I'd be happy to answer them if I can. I am a HUGE fan of the school and the people in it, and I'm having a great time so far! :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't know too much about it except that it has an average of around 3.5, doesnt require pcat, and isn't on rolling admissions. I think I read somewhere that if you're out of state, it's preferable that you have ATLEAST the average. Anyone know anything else?? Like location, classes, etc.?

Hi, I'm a P1 in the professional program at Purdue so I just went through the admissions process last spring.

Dean Mason has a slide show on the school's website that outlines the admissions process. The address is:
http://www.pharmacy.purdue.edu/academics/pharmd/admissions.pdf

If you have any questions I'd be happy to answer them if I can. I am a HUGE fan of the school and the people in it, and I'm having a great time so far! :thumbup:

myroswar, Thanks a bunch! This was very helpful-- one question I have is about the interview- something about a video recorded oral communication exercise? What is that like? I've never heard of any interviews including that before. :(

myroswar, Thanks a bunch! This was very helpful-- one question I have is about the interview- something about a video recorded oral communication exercise? What is that like? I've never heard of any interviews including that before. :(

Hi there, glad I could help!

Don't worry, the oral exercise sounds much scarier than it really is!
You just go down to a room where there is a video camera and you read a writing passage for about a minute while the camera rolls. It's really a low stress experience.

Hi there, glad I could help!

Don't worry, the oral exercise sounds much scarier than it really is!
You just go down to a room where there is a video camera and you read a writing passage for about a minute while the camera rolls. It's really a low stress experience.

Thanks for the heads up! I know it's to assess your ability to communicate clearly, but it still seems kinda weird. :smuggrin:

I'm out-state as well... I heard it's pretty tough to get in as an out-state. Any tips on how to improve your chances?

GPA 3.59
Science GPA about the same
2 years as a tech, just certified.
Couple volunteerings in HS (4 years ago!)
Couple volunteerings while in college

no sports, no clubs

hey,
i was wondering if i can get some help from people who have been accepted to the purdue pharmd program.

i recently transfered to purdue from an out of state school as an undergraduate and am now in the pre pharm program. i REALLY REALLY want to get into the pharm D program, but dont want to waste my time if i stand no chance.

gpa-about 3.5
volunteering- approximatly 30 hrs this semester and over 100 in high school
shadowing opportunities- shadowed a couple times at both walgreens and arnett hospital.

any advice on what I can improve? or if I'm set?