Purple neuro textbook?

Started by kapMD/PhD
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

kapMD/PhD

T-1 yr
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
a professor lent me a textbook a few years ago. It was purple and had the MRI of a brain (sagital section) on the front. The text was in outline format for the whole book. For the life of me, I can't remember the name or author - anyone have any ideas? Thanks!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks, but after checking it on Amazon, that's not it. and it wasn't a review book. Thanks for the suggestions though. I'll keep looking.
 
Sheesh, you're like my patients who come in saying "I take that medicine . . . you know, the little white pill!" :laugh:

I think the book you seek is Jose Biller's "Practical Neurology." You probably borrowed either the original or second edition given that the cover of the newest (3rd) edition doesn't match your description. It's the only one I know of that's written in outline format.
 
Probably kandel's "principles of neural science".

Edit: outline format? Guess its not kandel.
 
That is actually a nice text - I remember thumbing through it and it had nice concise 1-2 page write-ups on most things with ddx, tx, etiology, epi, etc.
 
Talking about textbooks, should I invest my time reading Adams & Victor or Harrison's Neurology in Clinical medicine? I want to read to solidify my basics as a neuro resident. What do you guys think?
 
Talking about textbooks, should I invest my time reading Adams & Victor or Harrison's Neurology in Clinical medicine? I want to read to solidify my basics as a neuro resident. What do you guys think?

same question here. Is it worth buying Harrison's Neurology In Clinical Medicine ?

I am already reading Practical Neurology by Jose Biller.