• The site has been updated!

If you see any bugs, please report them in this thread.

Pus-for real / and a joke

mjl1717

15+ Year Member
May 24, 2003
Westbury,NewYork
Status (Visible)
#1-Do you guys agree its basically old decayed white blood cells.

#2-Anyone know any pus jokes?? Ill start:

I heard the intern say to an attending(for real) "I think there is some POOOOOOOOOOSSS" (it just sounded funny)......................

A Kaplan Surgical Prof.. said this and Ill never forget (In a heavy New York-33rd street accent. "He's got PID-(Pus in Dere) And going on with the profs. usual lecture the class went ballistics. (it was funny indeed) Anyone know any other pus jokes??

ColinHay

Its A Mistake
10+ Year Member
May 23, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Just make sure that when you note on your chart that there is pus in the wound you should type: “ the wound is noted to be pustule” and not something else…

Gimlet

Cardiac Anesthesiologist
15+ Year Member
Nov 29, 2004
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Just make sure that when you note on your chart that there is pus in the wound you should type: " the wound is noted to be pustule" and not something else…

Isn't the word "purulent?" But if you're ever dictating, you should use "*****" and see if the transcriptionists write it down that way.

About the Ads

racerx

15+ Year Member
Nov 17, 2001
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
If you are easily offended by dirty jokes, read no further. . .

I have a "dirty" joke that a neurosurgery resident told our neuroanatomy lab group earlier this week. Gotta be up on your cranial nerves to get it though.

Q: What does the chorda tympani and a woman's cl!tori$ have in common?

A: In the interest of not offending anyone else, PM me if you want the punchline.
Thank you very much! I'll be here through next Wednesday! Please be sure to tip your waiters.

:rolleyes: :scared: :rolleyes: :eek:

Jan 21, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
pustule = little *****
purulent = big *****

I thought this was Big *****...? ;)

big_pussy_bonpensiero.jpg

Biscuit799

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 29, 2004
Status (Visible)
If you are easily offended by dirty jokes, read no further. . .

I have a "dirty" joke that a neurosurgery resident told our neuroanatomy lab group earlier this week. Gotta be up on your cranial nerves to get it though.

Q: What does the chorda tympani and a woman's cl!tori$ have in common?

A: In the interest of not offending anyone else, PM me if you want the punchline.
Thank you very much! I'll be here through next Wednesday! Please be sure to tip your waiters.

:rolleyes: :scared: :rolleyes: :eek:

Does it have anything to do with the anterior 2/3 of the tongue?

That's one of those jokes that you can only tell 1st years bc everyone has heard it and just rolls their eyes :rolleyes:

racerx

15+ Year Member
Nov 17, 2001
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Does it have anything to do with the anterior 2/3 of the tongue?

That's one of those jokes that you can only tell 1st years bc everyone has heard it and just rolls their eyes :rolleyes:

Yeah, that's the one. I can see where it would cause eye-rolling after it loses its newness. It's beginning to get that way for me too.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.