Pus-for real / and a joke

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mjl1717

Lifetime Donor
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
#1-Do you guys agree its basically old decayed white blood cells.

#2-Anyone know any pus jokes?? Ill start:

I heard the intern say to an attending(for real) "I think there is some POOOOOOOOOOSSS" (it just sounded funny)......................

A Kaplan Surgical Prof.. said this and Ill never forget (In a heavy New York-33rd street accent. "He's got PID-(Pus in Dere) And going on with the profs. usual lecture the class went ballistics. (it was funny indeed) Anyone know any other pus jokes??

Members don't see this ad.

Just make sure that when you note on your chart that there is pus in the wound you should type: “ the wound is noted to be pustule” and not something else…

Just make sure that when you note on your chart that there is pus in the wound you should type: " the wound is noted to be pustule" and not something else…

Isn't the word "purulent?" But if you're ever dictating, you should use "*****" and see if the transcriptionists write it down that way.

Members don't see this ad :)
Isn't the word "purulent?" But if you're ever dictating, you should use "*****" and see if the transcriptionists write it down that way.

I wont beat this into the ground but its just a funny and unique 3 letter word and people have opinions on it..

If you are easily offended by dirty jokes, read no further. . .

I have a "dirty" joke that a neurosurgery resident told our neuroanatomy lab group earlier this week. Gotta be up on your cranial nerves to get it though.

Q: What does the chorda tympani and a woman's cl!tori$ have in common?

A: In the interest of not offending anyone else, PM me if you want the punchline.
Thank you very much! I'll be here through next Wednesday! Please be sure to tip your waiters.

:rolleyes: :scared: :rolleyes: :eek:

One of our OB/GYN residents does this. They always transcribe it as "*****". It makes it more funny, because then you really don't know if it means purulent or vaginal.

pustule = little *****
purulent = big *****

pustule = little *****
purulent = big *****

I thought this was Big *****...? ;)

big_pussy_bonpensiero.jpg

If you are easily offended by dirty jokes, read no further. . .

I have a "dirty" joke that a neurosurgery resident told our neuroanatomy lab group earlier this week. Gotta be up on your cranial nerves to get it though.

Q: What does the chorda tympani and a woman's cl!tori$ have in common?

A: In the interest of not offending anyone else, PM me if you want the punchline.
Thank you very much! I'll be here through next Wednesday! Please be sure to tip your waiters.

:rolleyes: :scared: :rolleyes: :eek:

Does it have anything to do with the anterior 2/3 of the tongue?

That's one of those jokes that you can only tell 1st years bc everyone has heard it and just rolls their eyes :rolleyes:

Does it have anything to do with the anterior 2/3 of the tongue?

That's one of those jokes that you can only tell 1st years bc everyone has heard it and just rolls their eyes :rolleyes:

Yeah, that's the one. I can see where it would cause eye-rolling after it loses its newness. It's beginning to get that way for me too.