Put on Hold, Chances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nsxnorcal

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been put on hold at every school I've applied except a few. I was interviewed at VCU, and I was rejected by GW, Boston, and UCSF. What are the chances of getting an interview if you're put on pre-interview hold at places like Tufts, Northwestern, JHU, UVA, Tulane, UCSD, UCI, ALbert Einstein? I should mention I was complete on Sept 1.

Members don't see this ad.

Woahhhhh.

If you don't mind me asking... are your stats really good?? The fact that you were done on Sept 1 is insane. I JUST completed. Can't believe you have had rejections...

chances of getting interview if you are on hold pre-interview depends on your stats compared to other applicants, how many people applied, how many people accept their interview and accept their spots.

if your stats are higher than their average applicant (assuming all else equal), your chances of getting an interview are higher.
also if a lot of people do not take their interview- then your chances of getting called for interview go up and same for if people deny their acceptance.
once you ar on hold, it can takes weeks and months before there is any change with your app. also i would send a letter letting the schools know that you are interested in their school - not sure how much affect that has but it will not hurt you.