Put on Post Interview Hold at PCO

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EYES200

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I had a general question. I had talked to my cousin a while ago and he/she mentioned that sometimes schools put you on hold and ask for the current semester grades(midterm) even after an interview. What is the purpose behind this? In this case, what is a student supposed to do? I am planning on applying to some optometry schools because optometry is my passion and I really want to do this, but I was wondering if someone could answer this for me. Has anyone been put on hold after an interview and what are the results? In this case, what is a student supposed to do? What is the purpose of being put "on hold"?
I was just curious because I am preparing and planning ahead of time as I am a very dedicated and committed preoptometry student!

I would appreciate it if someone could give me some insight.

Thanks for your help!

Eyes200

Members don't see this ad.

Well, by sending in your midterm grades, they are able to have some sort of guide as to how you are doing in the class. This is so they don't have to wait until the semester/quarter ends in order to know how you did in those classes, esp if they were prerequisite classes. They could wait until the end of the semester, but the student probably doesn't want to wait that long.. and they also probably want some sort of decision to be made asap. It is beneficial to both parties to have the grades.