PY1 How to prepare for nuclear pharmacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

rollingmedicine

Nuclear or Clinical
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am currently a PY1 student who has been looking into the field of nuclear pharmacy since my undergraduate years, before getting into pharmacy school. But when I actually got into the school, I realized that since nuclear pharmacy field is very specific, I do not know as to how I should prepare for this career.
A lot of school organization that my school offers is towards retail/clinical/managed care and I do not know where to start to build up my resume/experience that will be beneficial for nuclear pharmacy position in the long run.

Currently, I am working in the retail pharmacy as an intern but is it possible to work in the nuclear pharmacy or is that something that is not allowed for PY1 to do it yet? Should I try to get into a research position that I have interest in?

Since nuclear pharmacy is specialized, I am assuming that the competition is high when landing on a job with nuclear pharmacy and I want to be prepared with the best of my abilities.. but I really do not know who to turn to in terms of asking these questions.

Thank you in an advance!