Q. About Oasis Trick?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kris2c

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
At least how many weeks we should wait before we try to do Oasis trick?
Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

the oasis trick will not work until your score has been reported. typically, that should be about 4 weeks, but it could be much longer. in my case it was almost 3 months.

so, first check to see if your score has been reported. if not, don't bother trying as it won't work. after your score has been reported then you can try. i think the system is updated on wednesday, but it could be daily.

anyhow, it is a nice trick, but knowing about it actually made the wait worse. i was checking the thing 5 times a day, and when my score finally was reported i got the official scores just a few days later. so, i would say ignore it, and just wait for the real scores....easier said than done, though. :cool:

I was just asking fellow classmates the same thing...I was like...umm yeah...

I have no idea....

Members don't see this ad :)
http://www.geocities.com/copticmedical/oasis_trick.htm

Oasis trick
It's a trick used when you want to know in advance
if you passed the exam.

Step1 : Go to this website: http://oasis.ecfmg.org

Step2 : Click on the OASIS button at the right
Step3 : Fill out your USMLE ID and password
Step4 : Click on USMLE/CSA Score Reporting Information at the left
Step5 : Check if your score has been reported.

If your score has been reported, go back to http://oasis.ecfmg.org/

Step6 : Click on the ECFMG Home button on the left
Step7 : Click on Interactive Web Application (IWA)
Step8 : Scroll down
Step9 : At the bottom left you will see "Begin new application"
Step10 : Click on "Step1 ,2, or CSA"
Step11 : Scroll down and click on "Proceed with IWA application"
Step12 : You will see this:

ECFMG Examination History
Have you ever submitted an application to ECFMG for any examination,
even if you did not take the examination?
Yes, and I know my USMLE/ECFMG Identification Number. Yes, but I
do not know my USMLE/ECFMG Identification Number.
No, I have never submitted an application to ECFMG.

Step13 : Choose the first option and click next
Step14 : You may have to log in again on the next page with your USMLE ID and password
Step15 : The screen will ask which exam you are interested in. Select
the exam you took and click next

DRUM ROLL

The next screen will be in red print saying that you have successfully
taken this step and can't re-apply for it if you passed. If you
failed, it will let you go on.

http://www.geocities.com/copticmedical/oasis_trick.htm

neilc said:
the oasis trick will not work until your score has been reported. typically, that should be about 4 weeks, but it could be much longer. in my case it was almost 3 months.

so, first check to see if your score has been reported. if not, don't bother trying as it won't work. after your score has been reported then you can try. i think the system is updated on wednesday, but it could be daily.

anyhow, it is a nice trick, but knowing about it actually made the wait worse. i was checking the thing 5 times a day, and when my score finally was reported i got the official scores just a few days later. so, i would say ignore it, and just wait for the real scores....easier said than done, though. :cool:

How do you know your score have been reported?

see steps 1-5 above? you will see a date that says something like score reported at this point. if it is not there, this will not work.

the oaisis trick is a way for IMG's that took step 1 to see if they passed before the scores actually get to us.

Blade28 said:
Only works for FMGs, no?

yeah, i think so....we get it off of the ECFMG website, but i don't know if there is an equivilent method for US grads.

This trick is perhaps mroe importmant for FMG's. I used the trick and found out I passed but didn't get my scores for another 14 days!!! (That's how logn amil can take to get from the US to Australia.)
The other thing is that it does sometimes take a little while, a day or twofor the scores to feed through so don't be too distraught if you try on the day your scores are reported and it doesn't say you've passed. The other important thing is that if it lets you go ahead and rebook as though you've failed don't proceed until you get the score report telling you for sure you've failed - otherwise you may haev to go through the long process of getting the exam fee refunded which would be a pain.