Q about RIC options on ERAS

Started by Taus
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Taus

.
Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
After reading this board since my M1 year I can't believe its finally time to start applying...

Anyway, when I clicked on RIC on ERAS it gives the following:

____________________________________________________
1. PGY 1 (Categorical)

2. PGY 2 (Preliminary)

If you are applying to the Preliminary training:
You may indicate your PGY-2 Specialty interest(s) here:
___________________________________________________

I assumed the options would be 1. PGY 1 (Cat) and 2. PGY 2 (Adv). This seems a little odd to me....either I'm missing something, stupid or its a typo on ERAS....I'm going to guess its one of the first two

Any help would be appreciated...thanks in advance
 
Last edited:
After reading this board since my M1 year I can't believe its finally time to start applying...

Anyway, when I clicked on RIC on ERAS it gives the following:

____________________________________________________
1. PGY 1 (Categorical)

2. PGY 2 (Preliminary)

If you are applying to the Preliminary training:
You may indicate your PGY-2 Specialty interest(s) here:
___________________________________________________

I assumed the options would be 1. PGY 1 (Cat) and 2. PGY 2 (Adv). This seems a little odd to me....either I'm missing something, stupid or its a typo on ERAS....I'm going to guess its one of the first two

Any help would be appreciated...thanks in advance

it was like that when i applied 5 years ago too... just rank both - they use the same list for both from what i hear.

wow, you are applying this year?? i am getting old!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
i'm pretty sure there was an advanced and categorical option last year. give them a call and let them know, they should be able to fix it. but for now just sign up for both as axm said and don't worry about cat/adv until you're ranking.

J
 
No it was that way last year as well. Since I wasn't interested in categorical I picked the "preliminary." I ended up emailing them at some point to clarify that I was confused by the choices, but interested in an advanced position.