Q Banks sequence

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SCME500

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
What are the advantages and disadvantages of doing Kaplan Q-Bank first/last? (After UWorld/before you world or after RX/before RX)? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

What are the advantages and disadvantages of doing Kaplan Q-Bank first/last? (After UWorld/before you world or after RX/before RX)? Thanks.

I'm using Rx and Kaplan together, and just started a bit of World. But I saved World for the end because I hear its the most valid.

I just got Kaplan yesterday. I've been doing Uworld all along. Really, I don't think it matters too much. If I had to absolutely choose which one to pick to do first, it'd be Kaplan now that I have it. Not because of validity, but the first aid references and what not make it much easier to review early on.

I plan on resetting my uworld and cranking through that for most of my independent study time. After 8+ months of having it, I have a difficult time believing that I will skew my answers too much because of knowing the question.

Really, it is all about doing as many questions as I can and seeing the explanations so many times that I'm sick of it...and then seeing them some more.

I just got Kaplan yesterday. I've been doing Uworld all along. Really, I don't think it matters too much. If I had to absolutely choose which one to pick to do first, it'd be Kaplan now that I have it. Not because of validity, but the first aid references and what not make it much easier to review early on.

I plan on resetting my uworld and cranking through that for most of my independent study time. After 8+ months of having it, I have a difficult time believing that I will skew my answers too much because of knowing the question.

Really, it is all about doing as many questions as I can and seeing the explanations so many times that I'm sick of it...and then seeing them some more.

thanks.

it may sound kind of ******ed, but given the "validity" of the UW, assuming validity is used here as in biostatistics, what exactly is the flip side of doing it first? i guess i am trying to see what people on the forum have to say for and against using a high yield question bank such as UW right from the start as opposed to saving the best for last...???

what are the disadvantages of doing usmle world first?

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks.

it may sound kind of ******ed, but given the "validity" of the UW, assuming validity is used here as in biostatistics, what exactly is the flip side of doing it first? i guess i am trying to see what people on the forum have to say for and against using a high yield question bank such as UW right from the start as opposed to saving the best for last...???

what are the disadvantages of doing usmle world first?

IMO the only big disadvantage to doing it first would be if you were using it early in second year. UW has higher percentage of q's that integrate things across a lot of different subjects, and I don't think you'd be able to take full advantage of it earlier in the year.

I'm using RX as my first question bank, and I feel like it is doing a good job of getting my through first aid.

I'm going to use Uworld for the last 6 weeks of prep.

I'm around 65% done with Rx. I'm taking the test June 22nd and was wondering how long does it take to go through all the UWorld questions? I'm wondering if I have time to fit in Kaplan after Rx and before starting UWorld. I'll have just under 6 weeks of dedicated step time.