Q-Book??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
M

manning18

What did people think of Q-Book, with regards to preparation for Step 2-CK? Are the explanations helpful in prepping for Step 2? Also, can people please post their Q-Book averages along with their score on the actual Step 2-CK exam. Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Some very high scorers on this forum would say do Q-Book even before USMLEworld. Personally, I liked Q-Book because I thought the questions were reasonable, the answers well explained, and I was doing decent on it (70-80%?). Compare that with my experience with USMLEworld, where I wanted to throw my keyboard through the screen and found it much tougher. Unfortunately, I found Step II to be much more like USMLEworld. I still like Q-book.

manning18 said:
What did people think of Q-Book, with regards to preparation for Step 2-CK? Are the explanations helpful in prepping for Step 2? Also, can people please post their Q-Book averages along with their score on the actual Step 2-CK exam. Thank you!

Ditto the above poster. Qbook's questions are more like the real test, but USMLEworld provides you with waaayyyy more content. I did Step 2CK Qbook and when I finished it bought and did about 200Q in Step 3 Qbook (in addition to all of UW). I ended up with a 99. Hope that helps you...

I've done most of qbook. Found some questions to be just rediculously easy.
Its not like I had to study for shelf exams during my clerkships either.

I dunno. I'm doing the NMS qbook right now and find it much more challenging than qbook.

Thanks for your advice! I tend to have better retention and concentration when I read an actual physical text (ie Q-Book) than when I read from a computer screen (UW). Would you say that Q-Bank is TOO easy? Who does a better job of simulating the real Step 2-CK exam: UW or Q-Bank? I have also noticed that some of the "top dogs" (who have scored very high on Step 2) used Q-Book heavily in their preparation! I'm just tyring to get by (pass) but, based on my NBME mini test scores, I'm not there yet (or as close as I'd like to be!). Thank you!