Q in GC

Started by g3k
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

g3k

SDN Donor
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I know I am appearing dumb. Can someone help me with solution equlibria in GC?.. I want to know how do we relate the concentration of the two ions of a solute in a solution? In Kaplan it says
[OH]- = 3[Fe]3+... I do not understand.

Thank u
G3K
 
Fe(OH)3 ---> Fe3+ + 3 (OH)-


So for dissociation of every mole of Iron (III) hydroxide, one mole of Fe3+, and 3 moles of OH- ions are formed. Therefore [Fe3+] = 3[OH-].
 
Lilith said:
Fe(OH)3 ---> Fe3+ + 3 (OH)-


So for dissociation of every mole of Iron (III) hydroxide, one mole of Fe3+, and 3 moles of OH- ions are formed. Therefore [Fe3+] = 3[OH-].

Thank u