Q

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drfrompr

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How Bad Is To Get A B In Pediatric Clerkship During My Third Year ?
This Is The Only B I Got, The Other Rotations I Got A. I Want To Applied For Surgery Rotation, This B Is Going To Affect Me?

Members don't see this ad.

Yes it will.

drfrompr said:
How Bad Is To Get A B In Pediatric Clerkship During My Third Year ?
This Is The Only B I Got, The Other Rotations I Got A. I Want To Applied For Surgery Rotation, This B Is Going To Affect Me?

Man...you kids gotta lighten up some. :cool:

You're most certainly doomed. In fact, you are in grave danger of not matching into any residency at all. So, you best find a new line of work. :(

I concur with Kas. An interesting but nearly unknown fact about Surgery residencies is that they secretly don't care about your grade in your Surgery clerkship. Think about it! All students who are trying to match into surgery will OBVIOUSLY have honored their clerkship. What residency directors are REALLY looking for is the grade in Peds. They want surgeons who are skilled in a number of areas.

Unfortunately, like Kas says you had better start sending out those McDonald's job applications.

Geez, and people have been harping on the EM Forum for being unhelpful. You guys should really give a real answer before you give the funny ones. The OP must be wound pretty tight to worry about a B in peds.

Real answer: This is unlikely to affect your competitiveness for surg at all. Don't sweat it.

Funny answer: You should drop out of med school and reapply so you can retake you third year and get As in everything.

That "docB" is not the real "docB." He is an imposter. Don't listen to a word he says. Will the real "docB," please stand up...

Your doomed. Truly. :)

You'll do much better if you realize that when all the residents and attendings tell you that its not JUST your grades, that it is indeed not some great conspiracy to keep people out of residency.

Learn as much as you can and move on. Youll be fine. :)

kas23 said:
That "docB" is not the real "docB." He is an imposter. Don't listen to a word he says. Will the real "docB," please stand up...

It's true. No one enjoys being a sarcastic smart ass more than I but I usually try to make sure that no one takes me seriously when I'm in that mode.

I got a B in Surgery. Do you think it will keep me from matching in Peds???? :)

fourthyearmed said:
I got a B in Surgery. Do you think it will keep me from matching in Peds???? :)

Yes, you should go into surgery. :D