highlyfavored

obligated to serve God...
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 12, 2005
Status
Any suggestions? either textbooks or pcat study guides. I don't think the Kaplan review book was helpful in this section.

SearsTower

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Sep 8, 2005
Status
Pre-Medical
Hey animal lover, do you love animals?

wheelsonfire

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 27, 2005
Status
Other Health Professions Student
animal_lover said:
Any suggestions? either textbooks or pcat study guides. I don't think the Kaplan review book was helpful in this section.
I agree. Most of the Kaplan practice problems required a calculator(same with the chem). So, does anyone have any suggestions specific to the QA section????
I thought I would use the GRE practice,Kaplan, and maybe another PCAT prep book. Any suggestions???

animal_lover...I think there were a few suggestions on the 90+PCAT thred, so you might check there as well.

About the Ads

Swenis

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 27, 2004
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
I'm also curious as to what would be good supplemental study materials for the QA section. I'm hoping to finish up biology on Tuesday when I would then start on QA. I haven't taken calculus in forever and remember virtually nothing about it. I have the Kaplan book, but I hear that is not indicative of the actual test. Any advice?

DHG

15+ Year Member
Mar 11, 2005
Northwest. Waaaaaay northwest.
Status
Pharmacist
Praxis math exam review would be helpful. A test that Teachers have to take to be "highly qualified" to teach math. The problems are very similar to PCAT. Here is a good online review with free practice tests that should help you see where you are weakest Practice Math

I also thought Barron's quant section was good.

Also GRE prep books have a math section that is similar to math on the PCAT.

highlyfavored

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 12, 2005
Status
DHG said:
Praxis math exam review would be helpful. A test that Teachers have to take to be "highly qualified" to teach math. The problems are very similar to PCAT. Here is a good online review with free practice tests that should help you see where you are weakest Practice Math

Thanks so much. I'll check this out today. :D

Swenis

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 27, 2004
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
DHG said:

When you say Praxis math exam review, do you mean this?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/08...103-9375547-4005450?n=507846&s=books&v=glance

DHG

15+ Year Member
Mar 11, 2005
Northwest. Waaaaaay northwest.
Status
Pharmacist

nirveatles

10+ Year Member
Jan 5, 2006
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
wheelsonfire said:
I agree. Most of the Kaplan practice problems required a calculator(same with the chem).
do we get to use calculators for the pcat? if not oh man im screwed.

highlyfavored

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 12, 2005
Status
nirveatles said:
do we get to use calculators for the pcat? if not oh man im screwed.
no, you can't use a calculator. :(

BulsangHanNamja

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Dec 22, 2004
Status
Pharmacist
DHG said:

I just got done taking the practice test for the QA from barron's. And right afterwards.. i took the kaplan's QA. I mean.. the difficulty level is so different. I am so depressed after I took the kaplan's. does anyone know under what level of difficulty the REAL pcat would stand between these two types of practice tests?

About the Ads