Qbank and usmleworld

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

allendo

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What percentile should you be getting on these qbanks to hit 220?

Members don't see this ad.

From what I heard, the best way to "predict" your score is to cough up $45 and take an NBME form. I found form 4 to be much easier than both UW and Q-bank.

Members don't see this ad :)
Kaplan (almost finished): 80-95% (for the last few tests)
UW (half way through): cumulative 79%, last few tests between 80-90%
NBME form 4: 790 (took last friday)

From what I heard, the best way to "predict" your score is to cough up $45 and take an NBME form. I found form 4 to be much easier than both UW and Q-bank.

pretty impressive scores. how have you been prepping to score so high?

Very impressive scores.

superb scores...
how are you preparing to get scores like these?

I remember sweatybrain got something like a 43 on the MCAT (seriously one of the top scores in the country), the guy is a stud. Don't even bother trying to keep up, he will eat your for dinner.

I remember sweatybrain got something like a 43 on the MCAT (seriously one of the top scores in the country), the guy is a stud. Don't even bother trying to keep up, he will eat your for dinner.

Feel free to get off your knees now and relax those lips of yours! Haha. j/k.

Yeah, those are some ridiculous stats. I'm sure he/she will break a 260. Easily.

how long have you been studying and how mayn more weeks do you have till you take it?

i can vouch for that.:D
if i had a PhD i might be as smart as he is... maybe.
but i still wouldn't be as attractive.

- sweatybrain's MCAT study partner

how long have you been studying and how mayn more weeks do you have till you take it?

Hi there,

I've been studying for 2.5 weeks. Our classes just ended a few weeks ago. I probably have another 3 weeks before I take the test.

As mentioned previoiusly, my study approach has been mostly questions-based. I started doing 50-100 Qs a day on Q-banks about 4 to 6 weeks before classes ended. I did not study at all during the summer or winter break (which is probably a mistake given how weak my school is in term of pharmacology). During the course of our path class, I read the appropriate Goljan's chapters (probably 2x for each module). The books I'm using are as followed:
RR biochem
HY embryo
USMLE roadmap anatomy
Clinical Microbio (and FA)
Pharm recall, FA, Lange's Pharm cards
FA immuno + some Kaplan notes
RR path

Currently, I'm probably studying 6-8 hours a day. 2 hours in the morning goes towards USMLE World questions. (I'm lucky in this regard; I'm a fast reader/dots-connector and it takes me less than < 2 hours for 50 questions on UW and 2.5 hours for 4 blocks in NBME form 4) The rest of the time I just read. I personally took a subject-based approach because I feared that if I were to study in a systems-based manner, I'd file an organ system away in the recess of my mind and never force myself to integrate information from various subjects. This way, when I'm reading about anatomy, I'm also thinking about embryology, physiology, and path - stuff I read a week or two ago.

Lastly, I strongly believe prolonged 10 hours + studying days are utterly counterproductive and should probably be reserved only for the last week before the exam. I think it's better to spend a couple hours a day destressing. Just make sure the time you spend study really counts.

Let me know whether there is anything else I can help you guys with. Wishing everyone the very best of luck!

hey guys

i hope everyones hanging in there. i had a question for you guys. do you find it more helpful to do random 50 questions on qbank and usmleworld before you've reviewed everything, or do you just do it subject based as soon as you're done studying for smething? i'm been doing it randomly but am worried that i'm not getting enough subject based review

Hi there,
Lastly, I strongly believe prolonged 10 hours + studying days are utterly counterproductive and should probably be reserved only for the last week before the exam.

dude, your scoring 90% on unused random qbank a few weeks after your classes ended, which is the highest I've ever heard of. Obviously you don't represent the typical student(or even the above average student) and really don't have any idea what it's like for the typical student and what they do need/don't need to do to try to make the score they want, be it a 185 or a 210 or a 235 or whatever. and that's not a criticism(hell it's a compliment), but it's just the reality of the situation.