Qbank anyone?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nooper1

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone been using Qbank?? I haven't heard much talk about Qbank, so I thought I'd start a new thread. I think the questions/answers give a really good review of the material that's going to be seen on Step 2, with a few 'where the hell did that come from?' type questions thrown in. What do you guys think? What do people score on these questions? I'm right now using it for taking Step 2 in December and hovering in the 70-80% range.

by the way, for anyone who hasn't taken step 2 yet, there's a promotional offer for $25 off kaplan online tests (like qbank). I'm not sure when it expires, but as of a couple of weeks ago, it still works.

promotional code: 8099018

Members don't see this ad.

Thanks ESU_MD.

That's an awesome Step 2 score! That helps give me a goal to reach for. What else, other than Qbank, did you use to study? Is First Aid and NMS enough? I hate getting too many books but First Aid just doesn't seem to have it all.

for step II is a qbank score of 71% good? what does that equal in terms of a real usmle score?

thx

k

For primary review texts I read Rx: Prescription for the boards, it covers everything I think and there is a new edition that just came out. I also looked at Blueprints for medicine & peds. I used the Hi yield series for Surgery & OB & Psych.

I had First Aid but just never got into it for Step 2. If you need a complete thorough review the Kaplan notes are pretty decent.

For questions, I only used QBank & Qbook, waited til the last week and just nailed them once.

NMS questions are good but do not reflect the current style of the USMLE and in my opinion is a waste of time.

good luck all