Qbank problem!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

invitro

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay, I shelled out the $300 or so bucks for a 3 month sub to qbank.

But, I have a problem. I noticed that after I had finished all the questions for a section (pharm, for example)....I would get RANDOM questions!

For example, there are like 300 or so q for pharm on qbank. After doing them ALL once, I wanted to make sure I did them ALL again. Unfortunately, I would do a 50q block, then another 50q block, and about 40% of the questions were REPEATS!!!!!

How the hell am I supposed to do ALL of the questions AGAIN in a timely manner? I can't just like do the 50 q blocks like 30 times just to make sure I got every q.....can ANYONE help me?

Please reply, ONLY if you finished qbank, and were able to go through it multiple times.

Thanks a lot,

invitro

Members don't see this ad.

I do remember that pain... its horrible how they repeat the questions that you have just used from a very fresh test from before. my advice.. complaining here and feeling miserable wont help.. and its crucial that you call Kaplan immediately and see if they can do anything about it.. otherwise.. you are in great hands with Kaplan.. keep on doing the questions and dont even worry about it if it cant be fixed.. which is what I am guessing..

If Q-Bank does repeat itself, what significance are the Q-Bank scores and the actual Step 1 scores?? If I'm averaging 65% on Q-Bank will I pass Step 1, whether I had repeated q's or not?? I'm really counting on Q-Bank to assess my readiness, so I hope it's dependable!!

Members don't see this ad :)
very good question.. you know anxiety about this or that practice question score.. but in my opinion.. just forget about it.. averages that is.. 65% is pretty good.. but please relax and pay more attention to youre weaker areas.. the repeats suck. I am doing Kaplan Qbank for step II soon and I am already not looking forward to that.. you know what the solution is though.. I have decided to go month to month... unless Kaplan can just reset all of youre questions that would be very desirable.. otherwise its wiser to go month to month.. I guess thats how they could actually bank in a little extra $$ they really need to fix that.. but hey dont have so much anxiety about youre scores.. they are fine.. but do concentrate on youre weaker areas.. good luck to you..

Well, I have two more months to focus on weak areas so hopefully, the Q-Bank score will continue to improve. Thanks for the feedback.