Qbank Scheduling

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pokedoc

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
How did everyone schedule their Qbanks during the year? I've seen multiple threads state that its best to use Kaplan Qbank/USMLERx alongside classes during the first semester of 2nd year and part of the way into the second semester, and then start the first pass of UWorld around springtime and have that finished by the time dedicated rolls around. My question is how are people finishing the Kaplan Qbank/USMLERx questions partway through their second semester when there is still information that they have not yet gone over in classes? Are ya'll just using the questions to learn ahead?

Thanks in advance for any advice! I'm currently wrapping up my first year and am just looking at creating a basic study plan for my second year. I hope everyone is crushing their boards/studying!

Members don't see this ad.

Definitely start review as you start your second year. Coordinate the qbank question areas with the modules you are covering in class. Do not worry that you will "run out of questions" as some would advise. The qbanks are for learning, the NBME are for assessing. You will want to end up with multiple passes of the qbanks. Some would advise that for someone wanting to pursue primary care should get through a minimum of 4000 questions and specialties at least 6000.