QR Advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Triflate

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all, I was wondering if anyone has any good advice on how to even begin studying for the QR section. I recently bought a subscription to Chad's, and yes, that was enough to get my feet wet, but I find myself just staring at most of the math destroyer problems without knowing where to even begin in most cases. Is there any other source out there that you all used that helped on the QR (videos, books, etc)? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Try also using Math Destroyer, Kaplan and Schaum's outlines for math. Theybwork very well.

get any high school book that covers algebra trig and probabilities and basic functions, Know the concepts first, then hit the destroyer.
you will feel overwhelmed first, but after a few tests you will start to see a "pattern".
then time yourself for a few tests. from what i hear skip test 12, it's very hard, just do the questions that deal with probabilities.
good luck
you can always ask questions here.

Reactions: 1 user
thanks! I did notice the pattern. At first i was only able to do about 5-10 out of 40 (haha), but i've slowly worked my way up to about 20-25/40. It's just been such a long time since i've seen any of these topics, but I'm hoping that slowly but surely some of it comes back to me. I tried Bootcamp QR but I actually think that may be even tougher than destroyer! Some of those calculations are insane.

An SAT review book would give most of what you need in terms of content. I don't believe the SAT covers trig so you'd probably need to find a quick trig resource (nothing too in depth). Then as mentioned above work patiently through the math destroyer