marymatthews

Removed
Mar 4, 2010
Status
Has the use of the calculator on the math section made the section harder?
How has the calculator changed the test? Are the questions harder as a result?
Are there less fractions and decimal questions since that can be done using the calculator?
What changes have occurred to the math section as a result of the calculator?
Thanks

MrBeans

MrBeans
Nov 6, 2009
Status
Pre-Dental
The practice tests from Achiever and TopScore will still prepare you well for the DAT with calculator.

However, I do have one opinion about the calculator. While it's helpful, it does not necessarily save you time! For me, the buttons were very sluggish on the Microsoft-like calculator.

I can usually punch out 3+3 in about 1 second on my computer calculator at home, but it took my about 4 seconds to type in the same expression on the DAT because the buttons will not register if clicked rapidly. :(

In addition to working slower with the calculator, you will always have doubts in the back of your head if all numbers and expression were put in properly.

As a consequence, I just resorted to doing hand calculations. :p

MrBeans

MrBeans
Nov 6, 2009
Status
Pre-Dental
Seriously?

So now they provide calculator for QR section? How about the Science? I just want to know b/c I just told a friend that he can not use calculator on the test. When did they change it (if it is true)?
Yes, there is a (very annoying) calculator on the QR section as of early March 2010.

It's only for the QR section, no other sections.