QR DAT format

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nsudental

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Was there any change to the QR section? If not, is the QR section contains the same like trigonometry and not data analysis? So there is no data analysis in the QR section? is qr completely the same as 2012 QR and before that?

Members don't see this ad.

Not sure if this answers your question but I saw this in the 2019 DAT Guide.

• Quantitative Reasoning (40 items) a basic four-function calculator is available on the computer screen during this section - Mathematical Problems: algebra (equations and expressions, inequalities, exponential notation, absolute value, ratios and proportions, and graphical analysis); Data Analysis, Interpretation, and Sufficiency; Quantitative Comparison; and Probability and Statistics - Applied Mathematics (Word) Problem

Was there any change to the QR section? If not, is the QR section contains the same like trigonometry and not data analysis? So there is no data analysis in the QR section? is qr completely the same as 2012 QR and before that?

Not sure if this answers your question but I saw this in the 2019 DAT Guide.

• Quantitative Reasoning (40 items) a basic four-function calculator is available on the computer screen during this section - Mathematical Problems: algebra (equations and expressions, inequalities, exponential notation, absolute value, ratios and proportions, and graphical analysis); Data Analysis, Interpretation, and Sufficiency; Quantitative Comparison; and Probability and Statistics - Applied Mathematics (Word) Problem

When in doubt, refer to the ADA guide about what's on it. Although I didn't see any trigonometry, I certainly saw one or two geometry questions on my exam so be wary of that. They add new questions each year as well, even if the topics seem to stay the same. Always check the guide to be sure!