QR help please!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

polospy

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is probably the hardest section for me on the DAT. I haven't taken math in 4 years ( only up to calc 1) and now its really kicking my A**. I bought crack the DAT MATH, but I don't understand their explanations because its very confusing (many SDNers will agree). I get so discouraged after doing a subject test on Kaplan, any advice, tips? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

im using the math destroyer now and i really like the explanations. also, many people on this forum had good things to say about it. im talking about the separate math destroyer and not the one in the back of the sciences destroyer. it has 10 practice tests.

im using the math destroyer now and i really like the explanations. also, many people on this forum had good things to say about it. im talking about the separate math destroyer and not the one in the back of the sciences destroyer. it has 10 practice tests.

thanks for the reply.... My exam is july 31 and Im super nervous... If I did buy it, do you think its enough time to finish it?

my suggestion is for you to get SAT math, study that, understand everything, and then move on to destroyer math. make sure you do every problem, and if you do get something wrong, go to the solutions, and try to understand why you got the wrong answer. also, do the destroyer more than once and try scoring yourself.

Members don't see this ad :)
my suggestion is for you to get SAT math, study that, understand everything, and then move on to destroyer math. make sure you do every problem, and if you do get something wrong, go to the solutions, and try to understand why you got the wrong answer. also, do the destroyer more than once and try scoring yourself.

Thanks..... How long did it take you to complete the SAT math? Did you use the Princeton Review book? Thanks :)

it took me approximately a week to fully read and reread the sat math. and no, i did not use the princeton book.

thanks for the reply.... My exam is july 31 and Im super nervous... If I did buy it, do you think its enough time to finish it?

my test is on july 23 and i only did 4 out of 10 tests. if you know absolutely nothing about math and you need to start from scratch then it could take a while. but either way, i think you could finish it by then (its 10 tests, 45 mins each and then going over answers and understanding what you did wrong and learning formulas) and i think its worth it. i hope it doesnt take too long to get to you. :)

my test is on july 23 and i only did 4 out of 10 tests. if you know absolutely nothing about math and you need to start from scratch then it could take a while. but either way, i think you could finish it by then (its 10 tests, 45 mins each and then going over answers and understanding what you did wrong and learning formulas) and i think its worth it. i hope it doesnt take too long to get to you. :)

I'm kinda angry that I bought Crack DAT MATH. THe solutions are horrible. I've gone through the first two exams and I didn't think they were bad. I was able to answer about 80% of the questions but that was untime (took like 1hr 15 mins). Thanks for the advice. Many SDNers have recommended that Crack DAT MATH is a good representative for the QR sections, so I followed :(

for me, math destroyer is better for learning how to do the problems bc the explanations are good. but knowing how to do it is useless unless you time yourself. most people will agree that the hardest part about the math section is that youre so rushed to finish. so i dont think its bad you bought CDM. do that too. im doing both. the more practice the better.

I am doing all right in all sections except for QR...i did a Kaplan Test and could only answer about 30/40 in the 45 minute time limit :(..I am going to go over practice problems and destroyer before my DAT ( 7/29) so hopefully that will give me an ok score

I am in the same boat, I have been using CDM and the explanations are terrible. I have improved by going to a retired math teacher for tutoring. I have taken 19 of the 25 exams and I have been timing myself since number 15. With the timing I am scoring between 17-22.

I am in the same boat, I have been using CDM and the explanations are terrible. I have improved by going to a retired math teacher for tutoring. I have taken 19 of the 25 exams and I have been timing myself since number 15. With the timing I am scoring between 17-22.

Trooper :) I get really discouraged doing my problems but I'll work through it. Thanks for the advice. My exam is scheduled for August 11, would you consider that too late to apply? I've submitted my app but it hasn't been mailed out yet.