1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

QR Preperation

Discussion in 'DAT Discussions' started by futuredds1101, Jul 21, 2006.

1. futuredds1101

futuredds1101 Junior Member
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    What materials are good to use in preparing for the QR section on the test? i have heard the GRE books are good to review and was curious if there is any truth in that?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. blankguy

7+ Year Member

Dental Student
    I want to know too. Some people have used the GRE to prep for that. I find myself being extremely inefficient in this section. I have to go through the entire passage just to find the answer. :thumbdown:

4. dental#1

dental#1 Fla DDS
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental

Yes, could the QR brainiacs throw us a bone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. 714guy

714guy counting down till 5/2012
    7+ Year Member

Dental Student
    this my most feared section since I HATE reading!!! but I've been getting 20s on Topscore by just scanning thru the passage for each question. Skipping the ones you can't find in a minute then come back to it when you see it while looking for the other answers. I think the most important thing is TIME MANAGEMENT for this section, theres really no way to study for it.

6. whiskeysour

whiskeysour up'n the competition
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    futuredds is concerned with QR (quantitative reasoning)... NOT RC (reading comp.)... this is proof many of you do need to work on your reading comprehension skills, lol.

as for futuredds, use the gre book but the truth is you can only prepare so much--math as it is a skill, much like reading, that is acquired over the years.... you CANNOT memorize math. it takes practice practice practice!! :)

WS :)

7. 714guy

714guy counting down till 5/2012
    7+ Year Member

Dental Student
    LOL, see I told you I suck!!!

futuredds, I just practice all the problems on the mock test and practice material. Math is a learn by doing subject, at least for me, so i just do alot of it.