QR Preperation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futuredds1101

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What materials are good to use in preparing for the QR section on the test? i have heard the GRE books are good to review and was curious if there is any truth in that?

Members don't see this ad.

I want to know too. Some people have used the GRE to prep for that. I find myself being extremely inefficient in this section. I have to go through the entire passage just to find the answer. :thumbdown:

blankguy said:
I want to know too. Some people have used the GRE to prep for that. I find myself being extremely inefficient in this section. I have to go through the entire passage just to find the answer. :thumbdown:

Yes, could the QR brainiacs throw us a bone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this my most feared section since I HATE reading!!! but I've been getting 20s on Topscore by just scanning thru the passage for each question. Skipping the ones you can't find in a minute then come back to it when you see it while looking for the other answers. I think the most important thing is TIME MANAGEMENT for this section, theres really no way to study for it.

Members don't see this ad :)
futuredds is concerned with QR (quantitative reasoning)... NOT RC (reading comp.)... this is proof many of you do need to work on your reading comprehension skills, lol.

as for futuredds, use the gre book but the truth is you can only prepare so much--math as it is a skill, much like reading, that is acquired over the years.... you CANNOT memorize math. it takes practice practice practice!! :)

WS :)

whiskeysour said:
futuredds is concerned with QR (quantitative reasoning)... NOT RC (reading comp.)... this is proof many of you do need to work on your reading comprehension skills, lol.

WS :)

LOL, see I told you I suck!!!

futuredds, I just practice all the problems on the mock test and practice material. Math is a learn by doing subject, at least for me, so i just do alot of it.