QR section

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SeeBrick

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am having trouble getting through the entire QR section in practice. I've been missing between 5-7 questions each time. The ones I get, I get mostly right.. but I would like to be able to finish the section. Does anyone have any suggestions/recommendations? I've sort of tried Kaplan's techniques of picking numbers and backsolving.. but with math, I've always found it faster to figure it out straight. I'd appreciate any advice! Thanks much.

Members don't see this ad.

I am having trouble getting through the entire QR section in practice. I've been missing between 5-7 questions each time. The ones I get, I get mostly right.. but I would like to be able to finish the section. Does anyone have any suggestions/recommendations? I've sort of tried Kaplan's techniques of picking numbers and backsolving.. but with math, I've always found it faster to figure it out straight. I'd appreciate any advice! Thanks much.
going backwards with math? i dont think thats gonna work...may be for some probs but not always! if you see a hard prob & think its gonna take more than a min...mark it! pick a letter! and move on...usually they have all the easy ones at the end (atleast that is what I have noticed). Plus you can always come back to your questions if you have enough time left. With more practice...you will catch up!

The math section comes with time and practice.......I used to never finish test when I first started but i havegotten much better with alot of practice. One thing I have learned is if you find yourself having to look at a question for more than 10-15 seconds trying to figure out how to set it up SKIP IT!! It is a good possibilty that you are not going to know how to do it and will end up guessing after 2 minutes of sitting there thinking about it.

You will probably know how to do 3-4 of those 5-7 questions that you have to skip at the end of each test cause you have run out of time. So use your time to answer ones that you are sure you will get, and not on questions that after 2 minutes you are still unsure of your answer. For those that you are unsure of put an answer down, mark them and then come back to them at the end of the test if you have time.