QR

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Gholam2020

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello SDN,
I have been seen many post on SDN in regard to math and the changes that took place. I just want know and be clear is math destroyer still good source to use for the math section? I have the 2017 Math destroyer but I just want make sure i cover all the topics that can show up. I would appreciate if someone that took the test recently provide some feedback on it?

Members don't see this ad.

Hello SDN,
I have been seen many post on SDN in regard to math and the changes that took place. I just want know and be clear is math destroyer still good source to use for the math section? I have the 2017 Math destroyer but I just want make sure i cover all the topics that can show up. I would appreciate if someone that took the test recently provide some feedback on it?
I talk to students everyday that take the test, Yes for the Destroyer but you must do all the work, not just some of it.

Students on SDN can only post their experience on one exam, I have experience from students taking all different versions of the exam.

Just my 2 cents and hope it helps. I am very passionate about student Destroying the DAT the first time, avoid a retake at all costs, even if it means postponing your DAT

Nancy

Thanks Nancy,
I am determine to do well but I want some right advise along the way so that I can be prepared for the worse. I am still reviewing the material and have not got to math destroyer. I just been seen lot people taking about GRE like QR so I want make sure Destroyer cover that topic if not than I can look at other sources to cover that topic.
Thanks

Thanks Nancy,
I am determine to do well but I want some right advise along the way so that I can be prepared for the worse. I am still reviewing the material and have not got to math destroyer. I just been seen lot people taking about GRE like QR so I want make sure Destroyer cover that topic if not than I can look at other sources to cover that topic.
Thanks

It's always better to be safe than sorry, I haven't got Math destroyer yet, but when I purchase it, I won't depend on it solely! No, I'll watch videos about the comparative methods of the Gre, and I have some Gre books for practice, it won't be my sole focus but that will help me feel safe!
If you don't want to spend money on Gre books, there are tons of solved questions on Comparative methods online.
Just get the sense of it to be prepared.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks Nancy,
Thanks
You might encounter a few problems on some versions. I will be posting 15 questions we developed and used with our classroom students in case they encounter a problem on the DAT.the on our website free of charge for anyone to use until we know exactly what direction the ADA is going we are leaving the Math Destroyer as is. I will also post the questions on SDN, should be some time tomorrow.

Wishing you the best..keep going..all your hard work will pay off.
Faefly. Can you Please recommend any good GRE books? [/QUOT

Check you messages.

Reactions: 1 user
Faefly. Can you Please recommend any good GRE books?

Before you buy any book: watch this playlist about the quantitive comparison. They have 7 short videos with 8 different kinds of questions that can appear on that topic.

Before you spend money, you can write this in google, and it will give you some options, for example, it appears that California State university has 1014 questions about the GRE with the answer in the end.

I have manhattan and Barron books. I like Manhattan better, but really, I wouldn't recommend anything, I never took the Gre, I bought it thinking I would need to take it after graduation, turned out I don't need to take it. Not yet anyway.

If You are taking the test very soon, don't bother with the book, just learn the concepts and do some practice sets online, if your test is not soon, then, by all means, do what you have to do to succeed, but don't make this your only focus, purchase the books and the resources for QR DAT math only, then later expand to other resources, for all we know we don't know if the DAT QR has really changed or not.

I talk to students everyday that take the test, Yes for the Destroyer but you must do all the work, not just some of it.

Students on SDN can only post their experience on one exam, I have experience from students taking all different versions of the exam.

Just my 2 cents and hope it helps. I am very passionate about student Destroying the DAT the first time, avoid a retake at all costs, even if it means postponing your DAT

Nancy
Should an individual still work through those trig and geometry problems in destroyer if they aren't showing up anymore. Because technically, everything mentioned in the ADEA is fair game. Geometry and trig isn't mentioned in the 2017 book. They are such a big chunk and I don't want to spend time on preparing for it it's not there. I'd rather spend that time on comparison questions and column graph.

I took DAT today and I agree with you.
It is new format but you don't have to buy a new book for it. There are plenty of sources out there!

On the official DAT guide it doesn't list geometry/trig under QR section. Is this new or has it always been like that?

On the official DAT guide it doesn't list geometry/trig under QR section. Is this new or has it always been like that?
Yeah lol it doesn't mention trig or geometry in 2017 version

Attachments

• IMG_1319.PNG
    IMG_1319.PNG
    295.2 KB · Views: 43
Yeah lol it doesn't mention trig or geometry in 2017 version
and from what you attached I can see that it does mention quantitive comparison, it's not a rumor anymore. People should watch youtube videos on that topic and do some practice sets online to get used to it.

I am not sure I think that's been around for while according to what I seen on boot camp!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I really don't know, I haven't started studying for the DAT yet, but I think. Since Qr is not as important as OChem, Gchem, Bio, RC and Pat
I would focus on those much than Qr, and for the QR, do practice sets every day.
Every day do one practice sets or 2 in different topic
that way your mind will be in active mode, you are always ready for math and fast in solving the problems
Math is beautiful :)
It's like snacks compared to horrible Biology :p