Qr

TheZoosh

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
is it just me or is time a problem for u guys too when it comes to the QR section?? i barely get through all the questions in the thin kaplan book in time, do u guys know if the QR in the kaplan book is harder than the real thing?? my big day is sept 6th.. sooo sooon and i feel soo unprepared!!

Members don't see this ad.

I also kept running out of time on the QR in Kaplan's book. However on the actual test I was able to get 400 in QR with a minute or two to spare. I wouldn't be too worried...from what I've read most people find the actual OAT to be not as bad as Kaplan's practice.

hey - i know! a studied qr a little and decided to test myself with top score and i ran out of time and didnt get to answer about 5 questions. i freaked out a little and went over all the destroyer q's and then came back and tested myself again and there was a huge improvement - i answered all the q's with 2 min to spare.
- ive been having the same prob with gen chem - but i was wondering - are the times for the gen chem and orgo together - because i always have time left over from orgo and it would be a huge help if i could put that time towards the gen chem?

is it just me or is time a problem for u guys too when it comes to the QR section?? i barely get through all the questions in the thin kaplan book in time, do u guys know if the QR in the kaplan book is harder than the real thing?? my big day is sept 6th.. sooo sooon and i feel soo unprepared!!

yeah, i ran into this problem too when i was doing problems out of the kaplan OAT book. both for quantitative reasoning and physics. i was super relieved to find that the actual OAT wasn't at all like those practice questions, though. not only did i finish all of the problems on the OAT, i had spare time to go back and check them over! so i wouldn't worry too much.

Members don't see this ad :)
I must've been a bit different than the rest of you. I actually ran out of time on QR and on Physics on the actual OAT. I still couldn't get it right on the real thing :). Physics was my worst with a 330, QR I got a 360. So, make sure you pace yourself still on the real thing.

thanks so much to all... and niss--ochem, gchem, and bio are all in the same section so u can spend that extra time on the gchem if u need!! good luck... see u on the 31st haha