Quality MBA programs with minimal work experience requirements for admission?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

prominence

Senior Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
are there any decent MBA programs which will accept applicants who have 1 year of residency experience under their belt as their only prior work experience?
 
Honestly if you already have an MD/DO I would apply to where you want to go. Inquire to some local schools in the area to see what your chances for admission would be. I would think that they would want medical students/residents as obviously your intellectual interests are higher than someone who already doesn't have any other graduate level or higher degrees. I don't see why you wouldn't be able to get in anywhere. That's just my opinion though.
 
prominence said:
are there any decent MBA programs which will accept applicants who have 1 year of residency experience under their belt as their only prior work experience?

I know Emory would. If you are strictly business, it makes the requirement higher, but the MD & residency you'd be in good shape for Emory.