1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

quant reasoning practice

Discussion in 'OAT Discussions' started by jdojos, Aug 1, 2006.

1. jdojos

jdojos New Member
    5+ Year Member

Optometrist
    hi everyone,

ok so i have always been good at the higher maths, like calculus, but for some reason, i can not up my score for the quantitative reasoning section for that oats. i've taken sample tests, but i don't do as well as i want. can anyone give me advice on how to better study for this section? it seems like such a minor section to do horrible in and i don't want it to pull down the rest of my score.

thanks!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. tabnz

tabnz Junior Member
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Optometry
    When I took the test, i had LOTS of word problems, Lots of Algerbra and exponent problems and few percentage qs.
    I think the key for the exam is to practice practice practice practice and practice. The more you practice, the faster you can solve the problem... and in my opinion, dont spend too much time on one problem where you can answer three other questions at the same time...
    good luck =)