quant section

Started by shan10
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

shan10

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is trig functions on the pcats? For example, derivatives and antiderivatives of trig functions.

Also, are there a lot of application of deriv, limits, antideriv, etc??
 
There are certainly a few (I had some). I was weak on those as well. For me and a lot of folks I know, the quant was drastically harder than anything else on the test, asking some things I hadn't even heard of in all my classes. Do your best, but don't forget to fill in an answer for everything even if it's random chance. 🙂
 
There will be more applications of precalculus stuff rather than calculus. The most difficult type of antiderivative/integration for trig you'll see are y=sin x and y=cos x types.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Will there be anything related to csc x, sec x, and cot x? And trig identities (such as sin 2x = 2 sinxcosx)? It is quite an effort trying to memorize all the trig identities!