1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

QuantiaMD - Don't Go Near It

Discussion in 'Psychiatry' started by kugel, Aug 3, 2011.

1. kugel

7+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I just signed up at QuantiaMD because they advertised vaguely about protected physician-to-physician discussion of clinical issues. They had some sort of clinical challenges listed, so I tried two.

What a Joke!!
    They were nothing but blatant advertising for a particular medicine.

I expected advertising on the site, but the "clinical cases" were obviously created by the marketing department, with obvious avoidance of anything disadvantageous to the medicine. It was like hearing a new, naive, arrogant drug rep trying to "handle" me while saying "I would never try to convince you of anything. I'm just hear to present the information. Now, tell me what have you heard from your patients who are doing well on our medicine? Do they find it less sedating than "Y" or do they notice less weight gain than "Z?"

Basically, I was disgusted.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. DrGachet

Removed

Is this a joke? Why the censorship?

4. DrMom

DrMom Official Mom of SDN
    Physician Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    They were spamming SDN's forums a while back so they're blocked.

5. kugel

7+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Let me restate that...

6. CBG23

10+ Year Member

So, what's the deal with this website? My program hosts learning videos on the website. Now I see info about making money by doing surveys. Seems like the name of this website is a naughty word on the forum...

I'm just trying to find out some more info about this site and am wondering if it's legit or if there is some sort of catch. As the old saying goes, if something seems too good to be true, it probably is. Wanted to hear from others who have used the site though. Thanks!

7. heyjack70

heyjack70 Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

Kugel's post was from a few years ago. I've been to QuantiaMD a few times over 2013-2014 and haven't found it to be skewed by pharma. At least not for psych, but I can't speak for the rest of the site. I expected them to have talks about psychosis that tied in certain brand name meds, but I haven't seen it. I wonder how they make money. Maybe data mining.

8. TikiTorches

Physician Classifieds Approved 7+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    It's not just for physicians.
    Nuf said.