Quantitative ability - need help

Started by jjjjjjJ1
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

jjjjjjJ1

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone have any strategies, books or study guides that they used for the QA section on the PCAT. I scored a 37 on the math section on the PCAT with studying Dr. Collins, Kaplan and the Pearson test. I dont understand how to do the calculus portion of the math section, like line tangents, function questions, etc. they are a different language to me.
 
I dont understand how to do the calculus portion of the math section, like line tangents, function questions, etc. they are a different language to me.

Well then, not to be cheeky, but I'd suggest studying these topics. There are lots of great math websites, or pick up a good ol' fashioned calculus textbook.

Strategy: get quick with basic calculations. Don't use a calculator. Do as much everyday math in your head as you can get ahold of: tips, MPG, estimated drive time at X speed, etc.