Quantitative Comparison HELP - Statement 1 is sufficient, etc.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

michaelcimba

Membership Revoked
Removed
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys,

I usually don't post in this, but I have no other choice.

My math scores on bootcamp have been very solid: I usually score between 33-36/40. Majority of the questions I miss, however, are with Quantitative Comparison. I have been searching the forum for help with this, and haven't been able to find anything that directly answers my questions.

The questions I am struggling with are NOT the ones whose answer choices are:

A: Quantity A is greater
B: Quantity B is greater
C: They are equal
D: Not enough information

I am not having trouble with these quantitative comparison questions. The ones I am having trouble answering are the ones that look like the one below, for example:

Consider a parallelogram with perimeter 36. What is its area?


1) One side is twice as long as one other
2) One angle is 80o

  • A. Statement (1) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (2) alone is not sufficient.
  • B. Statement (2) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (1) alone is not sufficient.
  • C. BOTH statements TOGETHER are sufficient, but NEITHER statement ALONE is sufficient.
  • D. EACH statement ALONE is sufficient.
  • E. Statements (1) and (2) TOGETHER are NOT sufficient.
How do you go about solving these? The explanations do not help me get a better understanding with these questions. I have searched YouTube for tutorial videos, and haven't found any that explain these type of questions.

Thanks for the help in advance