Quantitative Comparison HELP - Statement 1 is sufficient, etc.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

michaelcimba

Membership Revoked
Removed
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I usually don't post in this, but I have no other choice.

My math scores on bootcamp have been very solid: I usually score between 33-36/40. Majority of the questions I miss, however, are with Quantitative Comparison. I have been searching the forum for help with this, and haven't been able to find anything that directly answers my questions.

The questions I am struggling with are NOT the ones whose answer choices are:

A: Quantity A is greater
B: Quantity B is greater
C: They are equal
D: Not enough information

I am not having trouble with these quantitative comparison questions. The ones I am having trouble answering are the ones that look like the one below, for example:

Consider a parallelogram with perimeter 36. What is its area?

1) One side is twice as long as one other
2) One angle is 80o

• A. Statement (1) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (2) alone is not sufficient.
  • B. Statement (2) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (1) alone is not sufficient.
  • C. BOTH statements TOGETHER are sufficient, but NEITHER statement ALONE is sufficient.
  • D. EACH statement ALONE is sufficient.
  • E. Statements (1) and (2) TOGETHER are NOT sufficient.
How do you go about solving these? The explanations do not help me get a better understanding with these questions. I have searched YouTube for tutorial videos, and haven't found any that explain these type of questions.

Thanks for the help in advance

Members don't see this ad.