quantitative reasoning sucks!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

darius99

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
ook so i am going absolutely nuts trying to study for the math section on the DAT... i am horrible at math to begin with, and no matter how much i go over these kaplan tests, i still get everything wrong... for those of you who have taken kaplan and the actual DAT, would you say that the real DAT is harder/easier/about the same? any quick tips as well?

Members don't see this ad.

REA Alegebra & Trigonometry book...get it, do it, conquer QR

Difficulty of actual vs. practice- can't really base your decision on how hard to focus on this section from other's experiences. DAT is a randomized test, you could get easy questions, you could get hard questions.

KxM99 said:
ook so i am going absolutely nuts trying to study for the math section on the DAT... i am horrible at math to begin with, and no matter how much i go over these kaplan tests, i still get everything wrong... for those of you who have taken kaplan and the actual DAT, would you say that the real DAT is harder/easier/about the same? any quick tips as well?

Difficulty of the QR in real deal is close to Top Score and kaplan may be little harder. Kapaln is got some good tips for people who are good at math. I persoanlly didn't study more that 5 hours for the QR but depends on you. If you are not good at math use the GMAT book for extra practice and use some HS text books for Algebra, trig(wasn't much). there were tons of fractions and word problems so make sure you know them really well.