Quantitative Reasoning

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fannian

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How does TopScore compare in terms of 'Content' in the QR section to the actuall DAT for those of you that have taken it?

Members don't see this ad.

I'd like to know as well, im shakin in my little.. new balances.

(see date of DAT below)

i'm taking my first topscore test tomm, we'll see how it goes....sigh.

Hey, good luck with topscore. But is there anyone that can answer my question? How does Topscore content compare to the content of the real DAT? What is the QR Content on the DAT like?

Members don't see this ad :)
fannian said:
Hey, good luck with topscore. But is there anyone that can answer my question? How does Topscore content compare to the content of the real DAT? What is the QR Content on the DAT like?

From what I have read on SDN, they are very similar..I think it really depends on the test you get! Some ppl get a lot of trig, others maybe 1 problem...I'll let you know tomorrow after I take it

BenignDMD said:
From what I have read on SDN, they are very similar..I think it really depends on the test you get! Some ppl get a lot of trig, others maybe 1 problem...I'll let you know tomorrow after I take it
hey Benign, what time are you takin it tomorrow? I'm takin it tomorrow @ 11, good luck!

IcemanDDS said:
hey Benign, what time are you takin it tomorrow? I'm takin it tomorrow @ 11, good luck!

thanks! I'm takin it at 2:30, good luck to you too! Whats your study plan for today? I've been studying straight since yesterday afternoon...I figured that since my test was at 2:30, I can study until around 7 or 8 tonight, pass out, and be fresh for the morning :sleep:

IcemanDDS and BenignDMD - God Speed.

Good Luck! Focus! Get a good pace going!

One of you will be a future DDS, and the other a DMD!

What kind of things do you study one day before the Exam?

fannian said:
IcemanDDS and BenignDMD - God Speed.

Good Luck! Focus! Get a good pace going!

One of you will be a future DDS, and the other a DMD!

What kind of things do you study one day before the Exam?

Thanks, appreciate the kind words and encouragement! I have just been going over tests after tests and doing as many problems as I can. I have already done all my Topscores and DAT achievers, but now I am just going through all these other questions that I havent done (bunch of kaplan stuff and some other stuff, forgot where itis from). Im not timing myself or anything today, just working through each problem and if Im not sure of an answer, I just look it up in a book and read about it...Trying to learn the last few things that I can and refreshing stuff that I havent looked at in a while. Going on 16 hours straight so far! Planning to do another10 or so, and then sleep for a good 13 hours b4 the exam!

BenignDMD said:
Thanks, appreciate the kind words and encouragement! I have just been going over tests after tests and doing as many problems as I can. I have already done all my Topscores and DAT achievers, but now I am just going through all these other questions that I havent done (bunch of kaplan stuff and some other stuff, forgot where itis from). Im not timing myself or anything today, just working through each problem and if Im not sure of an answer, I just look it up in a book and read about it...Trying to learn the last few things that I can and refreshing stuff that I havent looked at in a while. Going on 16 hours straight so far! Planning to do another10 or so, and then sleep for a good 13 hours b4 the exam!

sounds like a good plan - I hope to follow your footsteps in about 2 weeks :scared:

GO STUDY MORE! :thumbup:

fannian said:
sounds like a good plan - I hope to follow your footsteps in about 2 weeks :scared:

GO STUDY MORE! :thumbup:

I figured the more I study, the less time I have to stress about it :p

Thanks fannian and benign. My test starts in 23 hrs and 50 min!! I've looked over everything again except QR. I'm pretty much gonna do that ALL day, plus finish looking over last 4 chapters of bio. I still have one topscore test left but I'm in a dilemma. Should I just study all day or take 4.5 hours out of my precious time to do the last topscore test?

IcemanDDS said:
Thanks fannian and benign. My test starts in 23 hrs and 50 min!! I've looked over everything again except QR. I'm pretty much gonna do that ALL day, plus finish looking over last 4 chapters of bio. I still have one topscore test left but I'm in a dilemma. Should I just study all day or take 4.5 hours out of my precious time to do the last topscore test?

Do the sections on Topscore that you want to review..if youre good at RC then dont do it, etc...What trig stuff have you memorzied for the QR?

IcemanDDS said:
I'd like to know as well, im shakin in my little.. new balances.

(see date of DAT below)

I got a 24, 23, and 24 on topscore and a 19 on the DAT and I finished the section.

So thats prob a good comparison.

I AM SARA said:
I got a 24, 23, and 24 on topscore and a 19 on the DAT and I finished the section.

So thats prob a good comparison.

I don't think your experience is a good one to post as the norm! I really have a hard time imagining anyone scoring 24, 23, 24, on the topscore QR on the first try (maybe on the second or third, which might be where those scores are coming from) and not doing fairly well on the real deal! (Good job however I AM SARA on a 19 in that section, that is well above average, much better than my 16).

I personally didn't think that QR was much harder on the real DAT than topsocre pro (except I happend to get about 4 really tough trig problems). I wasn't getting very good QR scores on topscore, so I wasn't too supprised with my real score.