Quantitative Reasoning

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

crocko13

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Alright, I just need some study materials for the QR section... got a 15. I used the "blue book" last year and I'm taking the DAT again AUG 25. Just need a comprehensive math review with sample questions that will take minimal time. Any ideas?

Members don't see this ad.

after 58 people have viewed this still no ideas??, guess everyone has a pretty solid math background huh?

crocko13 said:
after 58 people have viewed this still no ideas??, guess everyone has a pretty solid math background huh?

Yep...top 20 in the state in math team in high school...good luck thou. lol

...you can do SAT, SAT II Math IC, and GRE problems to help you out. Learn all concepts that come up....

It's a THINKING test. All I needed were the basics. It's partly about creative thinking, and grouping of numbers.

Ok
I have the same problem, but I have overcome it. my practise tests goes from 14 to 18. I checked out the Intermediate Algreba with applications by Aufmann, 2nd edition, from school library. It is a great book. It covers almost every single problem in Topscore, and Achiever. The explanation for problems about ages, money, and travelling rates are confused in the practice tests, but in this book, that is not a problem. It shows you how to set up problems fast and accurately. You gonna love it.
I also checked on ebay, I think they have some for 20 buck, newer version
good luck

Members don't see this ad :)
Harley comic said:
Ok
I have the same problem, but I have overcome it. my practise tests goes from 14 to 18. I checked out the Intermediate Algreba with applications by Aufmann, 2nd edition, from school library. It is a great book. It covers almost every single problem in Topscore, and Achiever. The explanation for problems about ages, money, and travelling rates are confused in the practice tests, but in this book, that is not a problem. It shows you how to set up problems fast and accurately. You gonna love it.
I also checked on ebay, I think they have some for 20 buck, newer version
good luck

Harley Comic,
Thanks a lot, I'll check it out!

I used GRE math, do lots practice test definitely helped

I think once you've gotten to the point where you know all the concepts, it helps to just go through the test fast and skip the question if you don't immediately know how to do it. Breeze through the easy ones and spend a few minutes on the hard ones.