Quantitative Section: Aptitude or Simpler Problems?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wlim

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been searching for a while, but I have not found an answer pertaining to the nature of the qualitative questions. Are they more like simple numerical algebra, calc, and stats, or are there questions like bob is 5 inches more than Tim and Tim is 5 inches more than Jack...Word Problem Questions that I am really bad at?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

From what I have heard, quantitative section consists of more of simpler questions and few word problems. I heard it from my friend who took pcat last year. Hope this should be helpful :)

Most of the questions on the math portion will be simple numbers that you can do in your head (remember no calculators are allowed) so the numbers would be easy to divide or multiply.

Know how to do ratios, multiplying/dividing fractions, common graphs (x^2,x^3,, etc), derivatives, integrals, mean, median, mode, trig functions (sin,cos), area under curve, basic algebra, rational functions, etc. Pick up a review book and do some practice problems.

In terms of calculus the if the questions will be very simple, nothing compared to grunt work in college calculus that you do.

I usually skip the word problems and do other problems to save time. Time is your biggest enemy in this section. Most important thing in this section is speed, DO THE PROBLEMS YOU KNOW FIRST.

most of the questions on the math portion will be simple numbers that you can do in your head (remember no calculators are allowed) so the numbers would be easy to divide or multiply.

Know how to do ratios, multiplying/dividing fractions, common graphs (x^2,x^3,, etc), derivatives, integrals, mean, median, mode, trig functions (sin,cos), area under curve, basic algebra, rational functions, etc. Pick up a review book and do some practice problems.

In terms of calculus the if the questions will be very simple, nothing compared to grunt work in college calculus that you do.

I usually skip the word problems and do other problems to save time. Time is your biggest enemy in this section. Most important thing in this section is speed, do the problems you know first.

+1