Quantitive section

Started by City Boy
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

City Boy

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can someone help me find best resource to study for quantitive section.....Also I need help with verbal section as well so please direct me to a better resource thanks
 
I thought you were applying for fall 2013?

Dr. Collins helped me on both quant and verbal. Quant I only did each quiz once. I think there was 7 quizzes I think. I didn't have any surprises on my test. I wish I had more time to study and do the quizzes twice. I ran out of time, but it wasn't because I didn't not know anything. I had to guess on like 5-10 questions. Before Dr. Collins I would have never remembered half of the questions.

Verbal was Dr. Collins. Half my verbal section I had on the updates or the quizzes. I only studied verbal the day day before the test for 45 minutes because I didn't think the official practice tests were that difficult if you SLOWED down. The words are not that hard. It is just recognizing patterns.
 
I thought you were applying for fall 2013?

Dr. Collins helped me on both quant and verbal. Quant I only did each quiz once. I think there was 7 quizzes I think. I didn't have any surprises on my test. I wish I had more time to study and do the quizzes twice. I ran out of time, but it wasn't because I didn't not know anything. I had to guess on like 5-10 questions. Before Dr. Collins I would have never remembered half of the questions.

Verbal was Dr. Collins. Half my verbal section I had on the updates or the quizzes. I only studied verbal the day day before the test for 45 minutes because I didn't think the official practice tests were that difficult if you SLOWED down. The words are not that hard. It is just recognizing patterns.

Yes I did apply to schools this fall but those schools does not require PCAT.... But thanks for the advice
 
You may find sifting through the "99 percentile" thread helpful. Many folks have posted advice on sources to use for various sections of the test.

In my case, for a high score in quant, I made sure I could do math quickly and estimate the answer (so I could double-check / rule out answers). The quant section is very much about speed.