quarter system or semester system

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

habiba

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
what is the difference between the quarter and the semester system ?
And which one is better for dental school ? and if my school is working with a quarter system but next year is planning to change it to semester system does this will affect me in positive or a negative way ?

Members don't see this ad.

The statistics show that the semester system is highly favored by dental schools. If you are in a quarter system, I would advise you to transfer to an institution that follows a semester schedule.

Members don't see this ad :)
things that you ask... I am beyond impressed.

Reactions: 3 users
The statistics show that the semester system is highly favored by dental schools. If you are in a quarter system, I would advise you to transfer to an institution that follows a semester schedule.
what about UCLA and other UC's or University of Washington, they work too with the quarter systems i don't think they favored semester than quarter

I don't know why the type of system matters as long as you get good grades. I mean it's not like a school will say, "You know Applicant X got a 3.85 in a semester system so he's better than Applicant Y that got a 3.85 in a quarter system."

i understand what you mean, couples of CSU work with quarter and the rest work with the semester system.
But all of them expect Cal poly SLO and CSU East bay will changed their calender to semester, because they have a problem in the budget. If you check the website of CSU it says CSUB CSULA Ccal poly Pomona will changed in 2016 and 2017 to semester system. The main reason is to reduce the financial aid budget for students who attend a CSU institution who work on a quarter system